The Murder of Jane Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Murder of Jane Eagle

Just been going over the Old Bailey and came across this case. A woman named Jane Eagle is murdered by having her throat cut. I am not suggesting in any way that the murderer is the Ripper or nothing but the posision of the body and the date of the murder interested me.

http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/brows...bing#highlight

The best,

Adam
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Thank you for posting this - good reading! I agree that this is probably not related to "our" murders, but I wonder how strongly he would have been suspected of being JTR at the time?

Comment

"I then picked up a big stone and hit her on the head just for friendship."

...indeed.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

It did cross my mind that the police maybe suspected for all of five minutes that this killer or any person who murdered someone by throat cutting could have been JTR. I think there must have been some desperation to find him, even all those years after he had, supposedly, stopped killing, if he did, indeed, stop killing.

Kind regards

Adam
        Best regards,
        Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Yes, thanks Uncle Jack,

Too bad the transcript doesn't also include: JOHN GOUGH (Police Sergeant 17 X) produced and proved a plan of the locality in question

Each of these little bits can be a geography test for a yank following along.

Let it load and scroll all the way down. You see Wakeman Rd. LONDON is the railroad. "she was lying with her head towards Wakeman Road and her feet towards the Railway.

Roy
          Sink the Bismark

Comment

That's the first time I've seen the F word in these old reports.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
            X