Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figure

Hey Folks

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's not really media related.
    I thought it would be a good idea to make a 12 inch figure of Jack. Side Show Collectibles is a toy company that made Movie monsters and some historical 12 inch figures like Billy The Kid. I am amazed at their detail. So, I emailed them to ask if they'd consider making a Jack figure. Obviously there is the issue of what he looked like since we still have the mystery of who Jack really was. Personally, I think that the William Sickert hypothesis has some merit, so I directed them to his image. If nothing else, he fits the bill as far as Victorian clothing. Any thoughts?

Hello Israfel,

I think the description given below, from a witness, would be the most accurate description of Jack the Ripper, but we`re still not 100% it`s him, and it would be the general appearance of many men of that district.

Lawende described the man as 30 years old, 5 foot 7 inches tall, fair complexion and moustache and medium build. He was wearing a pepper-and-salt-coloured jacket which fit loosely and a grey cloth cap with a peak of the same colour. He had a reddish handkerchief knotted around his neck. Overall he gave the appearance of being a sailor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      He had a reddish handkerchief knotted around his neck. Overall he gave the appearance of being a sailor.
      If Sideshow Collectibles have an old Popeye mould lying around, they won't even have to invest in a new design
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        If Sideshow Collectibles have an old Popeye mould lying around, they won't even have to invest in a new design
        or just go the whole hog with a cape and top hat. Poor bl*ody Sickert
        best,

claire

Comment

:-)

Hey Jon & Claire and gang...

I just thought it would be kinda cool. Oh, I meant to say Walter not William Sickert.

I guess it's kinda sick to have a doll of someone who was so evil, and twisted.

I also thought "The Freak" from Prisoner Cell Block H would be cool too, at least she's fictional...

Best regards,
          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            Or even Olive Oil...

Comment

I have quite a lot of the McFarlene figures which are fantastic, these include,
              Michael Myers from Halloween, Jason Vorhees from Friday 13th part 2, Jason from Jason X, Freddie Kruger from Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddie VS Jason, Chucky - Bride of Chucky - Chucky's son - three more Chucky's all from the different childs play films, Candyman, Blair Witch, Leatherface, Hannibal Lector and loads loads more.

At some point a JTR figure was made, not sure of the company, but it looked like a slaughterman! Rippernotes had it on one of their covers I believe.
              Regards Mike

Comment

I am afraid I find this idea is really disrespectful and tasteless.

Comment

Working...
                X