Anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary?

Does anyone know if there will be any tv documentries or books out for the 120th anniversary?

It doesn't look like it. Looks like things are going to pass pretty quietly. Maybe there will be something for the anniversary of the Kelly murder.

Comment

There is a TV documentary I did for the History Channel in the US in March which should be shown before the year is out (an hour long). It was originally called BEING JACK THE RIPPER but is now renamed IN THE WORLD OF JACK THE RIPPER. I'm not aware of any books in particular, though.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Ripperologist

Mike,

The Ripperologist magazine are running a series of 'specials' over the next few months with articles attached to specific, significant events within the case planned.

I know of two writers who are busting their guts to get their article done for Septembers issue.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
          There is a TV documentary I did for the History Channel in the US in March which should be shown before the year is out (an hour long). It was originally called BEING JACK THE RIPPER but is now renamed IN THE WORLD OF JACK THE RIPPER. I'm not aware of any books in particular, though.

PHILIP
          its on you tube ,it was pretty good.

link to part 1 you can find the other parts listed.
          Last edited by Doppelganger; 09-03-2008, 08:42 AM.

Comment

There were two ripper doc's on tv this sunday gone.

The first was "The Whitechapel Murders" with Evans and Gainey discussing Tumblety.

Later in the evening there was "Vic Reeves Investigates JTR" where utilising a police psychic, he comes to the conclusion that Tumblety was JTR.
            Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Doppelganger

That's not the programme. This one was made by Atlantic Productions and I only got my advance copy about a week ago.

PHILIP

Comment

There was nothing on television here

Philip do you have any idea if your documentary is being shown in Australia

Comment

What year doesn't a new book come out?
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

PHILIP
                    Hi Philip,

For sure, we'll be looking forward to this. Will you let us know if you hear when it will be aired? IE what month?

I have seen very little here on JTR here in the last year.

Congrats on your History channel production.

Cel
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Philip, is the show you worked on a retooling of the History Channel show "Lost Worlds" where they use computer animation to recreate lost civilizations like Atlantis, ancient Greece, Rome, and such? It sounds like it to me. I can't wait to see the show.
                      "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi folks. The programme was made by the same people who did the Channel Five one last year with Freddie Mercury and the geographic profile dropping the bombshell that - shock - JTR might have lived in the area of F&D!

It's a usual retelling but with a spin. There's some smashing CGI (all too brief, sadly) and the reconstructions are actually really good when they do them (live action). There's also lots of lovely statistics as well which they keep putting up on screen.

Sure, there's plenty of errors too. Some by the makers, some by the people speaking in the programme. However, only we obsessives would know about them (sledgehammer instead of pickaxe on the door of #13, for example).

With commercials, it will be an hour long and the voiceover was done by an American (though the UK's own Tessa Dunlop did the bits with me at Henriques Street, Mitre Square and the service road where Dorset Street once stood).

The programme is a pilot for a whole series on historical figures and it is DUE to be shown first in the US on The History Channel. I expect worldwide syndication will follow. I can't go into specifics, as they've asked me not to be too public about everything in the programme at this point. No revelations, just some nice moments.

PHILIP

Comment

So without front matter, back matter, commercials and station Id., it will be about 40 minutes long.
                          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Doppelganger

That's not the programme. This one was made by Atlantic Productions and I only got my advance copy about a week ago.

PHILIP
                            my bad

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone on the 13th year to the day of my first post to this site. It's been downhill ever since. The only bright spot throughout this misery has been...Lally Hawkins!

Comment

Working...
                              X