Supposed New Suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposed New Suspect

I have searched the threads and found nothing to match this story but as it is supposed to originate from Ripperologists someone may be able to fill us in. The article is on page 21 of The Sun Herald, a Sydney Sunday newspaper, here in Australia. There is a picture of a large cross above a gravestone,and I will type out the article to save people having to search. The heading is "Grave Affair." 'Ripper' of a Mystery. The text of the article reads: An Australian cemetery may be the resting place of one of the most notorious homicide suspects of all time, Jack the Ripper.

It's here Ron,
    General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Supposed New Suspect.

Thanks Mike ,I just perused the clippings et al, and in future I think it will be easier if I just ask you what s known. You have been there each time I find something. One of the replies in the main blog mentions that the guy who started this had written before about Dan Kelly and Steve Hart surviving and living in Ipswich. I saw a grainy old newsreel of a man in his 60's or 70's who talked into the camera and said he was Dan Kelly and there was no man alive who could say otherwise. He was very convincing and looked as tough as teak and explained how the local clergyman had said that the burned beyond recognition body was that of Dan Kelly, so that Dan could live out hislife. This is quite feasible as the common people were very much on the Kelly's side as his mother and sister had been hounded by the law. So even if the new suspect is hard to pin down the Kelly item should not count against him. As you say, he was 20 in 1888 and he described himself as a gynaecologist, and good forger's are usually smart enough to fool Mr Plod.

Comment

Working...
      X