Help viewing Alternate MJK pic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help viewing Alternate MJK pic.

I've been looking at the other picture of Mary Jane Kelly, that i believe was supposedly taken from the head of the bed. I really can't figure out what it is that I'm seeing. I believe I see her arm in there but can anybody offer me pointers on what it is that I'm seeing?
    Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Hi Ryan,

It's an extreme close up of her groin region, or what was left of it anyway. It was taken from the side of the bed, basically where the pilled up fabric (clothes or blanket) by her right knee appears in the other photo. The shot is angled from her right knee diagonal across the bed toward the door. The full width of the photo is basically knee to knee. You can see part of her left hand (curled up pinky finger) sitting in the remains of her abdomen at the left edge of the photo. Her left arm cannot be seen because it is resting to the side of her body behind the part the camera is focused on. The bedside table can be seen in the background.

[ATTACH]3097[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]3098[/ATTACH]

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Fun With Photos!

Well I think this will cause some debate but this is what I see.
      Debate is welcome however so Ill maka few comments. The picture has been doctored crudely. I question the authenticity of it in general as it was "returned" in 1988? I have no reason to believe it is fake however. I believe that MJK is nude and I dont believe she was wearing a chemise.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's an opening in the door, Mitch. You can even see an object through it, just beyond the plane of the door and hence out of focus, a little way down from the top. It might possibly be part of a white door-knob, or the sill of a window on the other side of the alley.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hello Mitch!

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
          Well I think this will cause some debate but this is what I see.
          Debate is welcome however so Ill maka few comments. The picture has been doctored crudely. I question the authenticity of it in general as it was "returned" in 1988? I have no reason to believe it is fake however. I believe that MJK is nude and I dont believe she was wearing a chemise.
          Strange; I haven't been paying that much attention to the contradiction of the statements of Dr. Bond and Dr. Phillips!

Of course one has to wonder, which statement is more accurate!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hello Jukka

Sugden argues that Kelly may have had only the sleeve of her chemise left, the remainder of the garment being cut away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
              The picture has been doctored crudely.
              True, Mitch. Photographic images were routinely doctored even into the 1920s
              and this was 1888. The whole foreground south of Mary's left hand would have been out of focus and somebody has done a whole lot of negative scratching on this image. I could explain the process but I can't be arsed as I know full well that hardly anybody can get their head round the old pre-digital negative/positive system of photograpic reproduction. The pillow on the bedside table looks nice here doesn't it? Not very fleshlike I'd say. The vertical line of light has to be from the space between the door and door frame but which side, the hinge side or the lock side. Has anyone tested that one? It would depend on the angle of the bed against the wall I reckon.
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
              X