120th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120th Anniversary

Tomorrow is the 120th anniversary of the first murder!. Wonder if polly nichols ghost will appear!

Well if she does, she's just in time for UKLiving's latest Most Haunted as their three day live spectacular investigating "the spookiest spots in London" ends tomorrow so the producers might book her in for an appearance.

Comment

Shame Derek is not there to get possessed and spout loads of myths!

"I was under a tarp, I was under a tarp!"
      Regards Mike

Comment

Hey, no fair coming in a day early to be the first to post about the anniversary of Polly's meeting with Jack!

Comment

Hi folks,
          Greetings......Happy Saturday,and all that!

Last night on Most Haunted Live they gave a reference to it being the 120 anniversary of JTR this weekend...

When they asked a market trader about spooky London,he said.."you got Jack the Ripper down in Whitechapel".

Wasn't impressed at all last night...that long introduction before Paul Ross started work at 9 was boring.....mind you,it didn't improve much after....any impressions on this new tourist attraction at London Bridge....tombs or something???...I thought it looked crap....like the ghost train at a fun fair.

Anyway.....here's to Polly.....still remembered 120 years later..
          wonder what she'd have thought about that!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi all

Not feeling myself so I'm laying low until my aunts funeral next wednesday.

However I will also spare five minutes to Remember Poly...may she/they rest in peace.

Jeff

Comment

Yes, to Polly on the Centivigintennial. In a way, you're the winner in the end.
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
                Hi folks,
                Greetings......Happy Saturday,and all that!

Last night on Most Haunted Live they gave a reference to it being the 120 anniversary of JTR this weekend...

When they asked a market trader about spooky London,he said.."you got Jack the Ripper down in Whitechapel".

Wasn't impressed at all last night...that long introduction before Paul Ross started work at 9 was boring.....mind you,it didn't improve much after....any impressions on this new tourist attraction at London Bridge....tombs or something???...I thought it looked crap....like the ghost train at a fun fair.

Anyway.....here's to Polly.....still remembered 120 years later..
                wonder what she'd have thought about that!!!!!!!!
                I watched about 10 minutes and turned it off in disgust, what was Paul Ross playing at with his cue cards?

"....and now we have......two people from.......London......who might have......seen a........oh, ghost!"

It was cringeworthy tv. I like the fact they are locked in the dark for 50 odd hours though, lets hope they go bonkers!

I was locked in front of the show last night for 10 minutes, and my sanity was slowly dripping away!

Notorious East End gangster Frankie Fraser summed it up best, "Whitechapel, thats were them brasses got killed!" poetry!
                Regards Mike

Comment

I wish to heck Polly would temporarily possess a Ripperologist---uh, better make that a team of them---and give us an accurate description of her killer. Or what she could see of him in the dark.

Mike, you and Phil, and anyone else here, who is a ghost-hunting Ripperologist, ought to do a Ripper-ghost thing. Just don't take that Accorda guy, or whatever his name is. He makes me twitchy just watching him, and I can't stand all the squealing. Those are the scaredest ghost-busters I ever saw.

------------------------------------------------
                  Polly, rest in peace. I'm sorry you had it so rough.
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Phillip Hutchinson is the expert in the "Ripper/Ghost" field.

As for "Accorda" he is a snappy dresser, and wonderful actor, but I draw the line there.
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
                      Am I right about this?....don't they usually start at 9,whenever they do these live events....I presume this is the time his contract states that he starts work.
                      I must admit I'm not keen on that Brian bloke they have as medium.David Wells was so professional when you compare him to this one. I'm not convinced this new guy is a sensitive.
                      Tonight it is Aldwych Tube Station........the scene of disaster etc....SURELY even Most Haunted should get some good results at this location.
                      There was a late night programme featuring a tube station because there had been so much activity noted...from staff,workmen and passengers..I think it might have been Aldwych...but I'm not sure.It's the only one out of the three locations that I am very interested to watch.
                      I thought they did some War Rooms not so long ago.
                      Regards.
                      ANNA.x

Comment

The usual itinery is thus,
                        8-9 Living Tv 2 Most Haunted Access all area, featuring Julian (Bald,big ears)
                        9-12 Living Tv Most Haunted Live, featuring Stuart, (Bald), And Brian, (Bald, annoying)
                        12-1 Living Tv Most Haunted Yoursay, Featuring Julian,

They have stuck all three shows together to make one long Most Haunted show, featuring so many Bald men I thought it was a Right Said Fred reunion!

I guess Paul Ross's contract will state "Must read off cue cards better" next time!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Oooooooooooooh Gawd- The Accora unpleasantness is more than what passes for my sanity can bear!!!

Hmmmmmm.. Yes-It's 120 Years since poor Polly toddled off from The Frying Pan with her 'jolly bonnet'
                          in search of 4d- Here's to Poor Pol 'eh...There but for the grace etc etc etc

Cheers Polly!!!

AND- things happen quickly from here on in--- Let's not forget the girls 'eh

They are our raison d'aitre (!) after all -and if it wasn't for us knowing the ins and outs of their lives (probably more than they did), they would never have existed at all in the way of things--- would they..A ghastly way of going into history -but probably more than they even thought of...4d being more important -especially if there was 1d left over for a pre going to bed gin!!

The girls (although to be honest if we met them we'd probably be terrified of them) must never be forgotten!

I've got 20d ready here - 4d each!!!!---mind you that could be a few gins and a 'night on the line' or 'Carrying the Banner'! with a smile at first and then being damned cold and wet and miserable with very little hope afterwards...Blessem........

Suzi x

PS Celesta So do I...mind you can you imagine the screening if Mary did.....must go and get my retina's checked!!! xxx
                          Last edited by Suzi; 08-30-2008, 08:32 PM.
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Message from Polly : " 'aven't you buggers found out who dun me in yet? AND he still owes me fourpence!"

Comment

Little rat disappeared dahn that new modern underground thing I reckon!!! Got a noice 'at out of it tho!!
                              Last edited by Suzi; 08-30-2008, 09:11 PM.
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                              X