afternoon musings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afternoon musings

joseph merrick,otherwise known as the elephant man,resided in whitechapel during the ripper murder's,perhaps he was jack the ripper..with sir frederick treves performing the mutilations!...ok...maybe not..but just spending an afternoon off work and browsing the site ect,musing,and it occurred to me that after all the theories,suspects and what have you that have been brought up over the years,in all probability,if we were to be given the name of jack today,100% with no room for doubt,we would all look at one another and say "huh,who?" as the name of some young,insignificant,long forgotten,whitechapel market worker or fish gutter or dock labourer nobody was read out...after all,if the yorkshire ripper,or the black panther,had suddenly stopped their criminal activities,does anyone really think,a hundred plus years from now,anyone would have came up with the names peter sutcliffe or donald neilson?...just a thought...think it's time i had a nice cuppa and chilled!

Hi Allan,

I think many contributors to this site believe that the murderer was an unknown person who, if named, would indeed have us exchanging unknowing glances.

In my opinion, the nature of the crimes make it likely that the culprit was someone who could merge into the locality comfortably but the degree of violence and destruction evident in the murders suggest a strong element of anger but also lust.

Comment

Hi both,

Unlike me,romantic sentimental being that I am, belives him to be a

and that all the victims knew each other .....

and that the big bad wolf,blew the little piggies house down.Ahhhhhh.

Comment

I like the idea of Elephant Man talking to Chapman and Eddowes...
        That would explain Mrs Long "foreigner", as well as Harris' words: "I don't like going home by myself when I see these sorts of characters about..."

Amitiés,
        David

ps: Anna, you're the sharpest, and you know why!

Comment

I don't like the inclusion of John (Joseph) Merrick as a suspect.

Comment

Hi David,

Ohhhh,I'd fergotten about that...thanks for reminding me..
            Perhaps I should install a belltower,above my little straw house!

Limehouse,
            I agree with you about Joseph,and I also wouldn't like the idea of him
            being a suspect for JTR...I think he suffered enough indignities without adding any more.He was an incredible person,and will always be remembered as such.

Best Regards to you both,
            ANNA.

Comment

I was only joking, my dear...

Comment

DVV, I know you were joking but I just didn't want a rush of posts describing how he livede near the murder sites etc, etc. It would be like the Barnardo thread all over again!

Comment

By the way,
                  I don't know if anyone else saw it...but,
                  One of the papers did a facial reconstruction of what Joseph would have looked like,had he not have suffered his illness.

As I expected,he would have been a very handsome young man indeed.
                  I still have the article somewhere.

Comment

Right! I remember a very stupid Barnardo Fanatic some time ago...but Allan does not seem such kind of fool.

Amitiés,
                    David

Comment

I totally agree that we'd all exchange some glances with expressions of "who the h*** was that?" Probably the very reason we'll never know may very well be because he was either a usual guy, or not from there.
                      "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

David writes:

"I like the idea of Elephant Man talking to Chapman and Eddowes...
                        That would explain Mrs Long "foreigner", as well as Harris' words: "I don't like going home by myself when I see these sorts of characters about..."

Think your´e onto something there, David; it would account for the "loose-fitting" jacket in Church Passage too ...!

The best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

Case solved, my dear!

Comment

Working...
                          X