No announcement yet.

Heights of all victims (C5 and others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heights of all victims (C5 and others)

Does anyone know the heights of all the victims, C5 and others? I have Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Kelly, and Tabram's heights but I would just like to know what the others were in height. It would help with a research on the height of JTR's victims compared to other picquerism killers.

Sarah,

I just came across your post. Here are three more for you:

Catherine Eddowes - about 5 ft. tall

Alice McKenzie - 5 ft., 5 in. tall

Frances Coles - 5 ft., 0 in. tall

Good luck with your research.

Bulldog

Comment

Hello you all!

And now I notice this interesting thread...

One interesting thing about the height; the height of Mary Kelly being 5'7" (=170,28 cm), it's a bit odd, that she hasn't been found by Welsh/Irish/London family photo comparison!

Why?! Because the average height of the contemporary Finnish men at the time was 170 cm (=approximately 5'7"). Some people on these boards have told, that the average height of the contemporary British men wasn't much more...

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I think height is very important...

The avarage height of a British man in 1888 was 5 feet 7 inches!

Most of the known witnesses put Jack between 5' 6" and 5' 8". I don't think it's any It's any coincidence that most of the victims where around 5' 0" - 5' 5" a good height for a 5' 7" man to strangle?

The only exception is Mary Kelly who was taller, but may be this can be explained, after all kelly was killed lying down on her bed.

Comment

Working...
        X