Local History Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local History Day

I have been chatting with some fellow resident's of Hull about the cities unique history and we are trying to launch a local history day.
    It will be an event were people can come and tell stories of their past, donate film footage and pass over photo's which they may well have destroyed.
    Our aim is to build an archive of local memories and we shall be approaching several local groups and local media regarding this.

Has anyone else tried anything like this?
    Regards Mike

Personally I haven't, Mike, but I have to say what a fabulous idea! I wish something like that was done here in NZ, it is a bit harder when we're such a young country. But, when you dig a little, there are some wonderful stories to share!
    Becks

Comment

Thanks Becks. It started when I launched an online competition here in Hull. I took photo's of some of the older buildings and showed snippets to people, they had to guess the location.
      The thread really took off and soon several different people began posting their own pictures, sharing stories and passing on info.
      We decided that we should try and organise something along the lines of a full day were people can meet, share stories, pictures, and film footage of the past.

Who knows what we will find!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Wow that sounds great! Good work in getting people interested!
        Becks

Comment

Working...
        X