X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    Hi Abby
    Hi Trevor
    The only thing that's "cuckoo" is yours , Simon woods, and Phil Carter's obvious jeoulosy of such stalwarts of ripper history as Paul Begg , Stewart Evans and others that it is so apparent that even noobs such as myself can see.

Take it for what it's worth-grow up, take a deep breath, stand on the shoulders of giants such as your esteemed countryman, and greatest thinker of all time, Isaac newton did, work with them instead of antagonize them and we may all be the wiser.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
      Modern day police experts are not experts when dealing with Victorian police procedure.

Monty
      If Trevor needs some help with Victorian Police procedures, I can think of an excellent book he could buy....

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Hi Trevor
        The only thing that's "cuckoo" is yours , Simon woods, and Phil Carter's obvious jeoulosy of such stalwarts of ripper history as Paul Begg , Stewart Evans and others that it is so apparent that even noobs such as myself can see.

Take it for what it's worth-grow up, take a deep breath, stand on the shoulders of giants such as your esteemed countryman, and greatest thinker of all time, Isaac newton did, work with them instead of antagonize them and we may all be the wiser.
        And look what happend to Newton he got hit on the head with one of Granny Smiths apples and was never the same again !

Speaking about giants remember the stories of David and Goliath and Jack the Giant killer those giants didn't fair to well did they. The same fate could happen to those who are regarded as modern day giants.

Comment

• It may be that Kosminski was taken to the seaside home by other than police officers,but it is reasonable to assume that police officers would be in attendance at the identification.An arrest could be made.

Now amateurs such as myself should not perhaps challenge the experts,but being that they have tried for over 120 years to solve a puzzle,we can do no worse.

We may not be familiar with Victorian police proceedures,but it needs little knowledge to understand that even then, a police officer could arrest on reasonable suspicion,or that,if high police officials are truthfull,reasonable suspicion existed at the seaside home identification.

It's not Trevor that needs to read books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            Hi Trevor
            excuse me?

first of all..you had better get your facts right.

1) I am not jealous..nor envious for that matter of anybody.
            2) Throwing personal insult isn't the done thing on these boards and is against the rules.
            3) Simon Wood has been publically involved in Ripper research far longer than many..most others..in fact..I believe I am correct in saying well before Mr Begg started. I myself started privately researching in the mid 1970's..having had an interest since the mid to late 1960's.

I would appreciate it if you witheld such false comment and personal opinion in future.

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              If Trevor needs some help with Victorian Police procedures, I can think of an excellent book he could buy....

I dont need to read books I think my knowledge of Victorian police methods is good. After all it helped remove Tumblety from the list of prime suspects

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                We may not be familiar with Victorian police proceedures....
                Speak for yourself. Harry.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I dont need to read books I think my knowledge of Victorian police methods is good. After all it helped remove Tumblety from the list of prime suspects
                  As you erred so spectacularly on the Special Branch ledgers, and cited out of date, by 31 years, Police Code information to support this very subject, I can only advise that your knowledge needs refreshing.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

• He probably came to their attention eating out of the gutter.
                    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                      excuse me?

first of all..you had better get your facts right.

1) I am not jealous..nor envious for that matter of anybody.
                      2) Throwing personal insult isn't the done thing on these boards and is against the rules.
                      3) Simon Wood has been publically involved in Ripper research far longer than many..most others..in fact..I believe I am correct in saying well before Mr Begg started. I myself started privately researching in the mid 1970's..having had an interest since the mid to late 1960's.

I would appreciate it if you witheld such false comment and personal opinion in future.

Phil
                      Hello Phil,

I completely agree with this post. Robust discussion is fine, but resorting to personal insults is simply childish. However, it seems to be habitual behaviour with one or two posters.
                      Last edited by John G; 05-13-2015, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                        It may be that Kosminski was taken to the seaside home by other than police officers,but it is reasonable to assume that police officers would be in attendance at the identification.An arrest could be made.

Now amateurs such as myself should not perhaps challenge the experts,but being that they have tried for over 120 years to solve a puzzle,we can do no worse.

We may not be familiar with Victorian police proceedures,but it needs little knowledge to understand that even then, a police officer could arrest on reasonable suspicion,or that,if high police officials are truthfull,reasonable suspicion existed at the seaside home identification.

It's not Trevor that needs to read books.
                        Harry
                        Nobody has said that an arrest couldn't have been made, so who are you arguing against.

The fact is that an arrest doesn't appear to have been made, so the question is; why? You, Trevor, and one or two others think the absence of an arrest indicates that the iD never took place. Others see the ramifications of that as too ridiculous to be probable and seek explanations elsewhere, such as proposing confusion with Sadler or something similar. Still others, such as myself, try to research the topic and hopefully turn something up somewhere that will tell us or at least indicate what really did happen. For that you perhps do need a knowledge and understanding of Victorian police proceedure, or at least have a friendly Monty one can ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          Hello Phil,

I completely agree with this post. Robust discussion is fine, but resorting to personal insults is simply childish. However, it seems to be habitual behaviour with one or two posters.
                          John,
                          What exactly was rude in what Abby wrote? To describe Trevor's thinking as cuckoo was pretty mild. She said that she thought Simon and Phil were jealous or envious of people like Stewart and myself, which they of course deny but that doesn't mean it's not something Abby genuinely perceived.

Abby sid nothing about how long we've all be researching the subject. That's something Phil created out of the ether.

And Abby drew attention to the standing on the shoulders of giants analogy with regard to the likes of Stewart and myself and urged Trevor to try working with us.

Hardly rude or insulting.

Comment

As you erred so spectacularly on the Special Branch ledgers, and cited out of date, by 31 years, Police Code information to support this very subject, I can only advise that your knowledge needs refreshing.

Monty
                            It was suitably refreshed enough to achieve the final objectives, and if I need to I will suitably refresh it yet again but thank you for advice

Comment

It was suitably refreshed enough to achieve the final objectives, and if I need to I will suitably refresh it yet again but thank you for advice

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              If the objectives were to be erroneous, yes, well done.

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

If the objectives were to be erroneous, yes, well done.

Monty
                                Thank you I will put you back on my xmas card list

Comment

Working...
                                X