Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bios of Maria Harvey & Joe Barnett after 1888?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    But if you check my later post, I ask about the Joseph barnett b c 1859 Sally found in Raine St (where Louisa was)in 1899 (slap bang in the middle of the mising years!)..
    I think you mean the one where he is listed as suffering from gout which I read about in the thread you gave the link for. If that is the case, I think it highly likely this could be the Joseph Barnet(t) listed as living with Louisa. My personal opinion is that we still have to find Barnett in both the 1891 and 1901 census returns.
    regards
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
      I think you mean the one where he is listed as suffering from gout which I read about in the thread you gave the link for. If that is the case, I think it highly likely this could be the Joseph Barnet(t) listed as living with Louisa. My personal opinion is that we still have to find Barnett in both the 1891 and 1901 census returns.
      regards
      Chris
      Yes, Chris, I do mean him this time, glad to know that Sally was correct this time!

Comment

Thank's everybody for these informations... I opened a new thread before having read these... (about post nov 1888 Maria Harvey)...
        Apologize...

Regards
        Gene
        His man Bowyer
        (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
          With regard to Maria Harvey, I thought I had lost these notes!

Westmoreland Place is now named Westland Place and runs north off the City Road north-west of Old Street. At the northern end, Westland Place runs into Nile Street, one time street of residence of Henrietta, Joseph Fleming's mother.

The oldest child listed was 23 in 1891 so would have been born about 1868, so assuming all were legitimate, the marriage should be probably not long before this. In fact Maria married in 1865.
          Church of St Philip, Clerkenwell
          Date: 25 December 1865
          Groom:
          Name: Charles Harvey
          Condition: Bachelor
          Profession: Carver
          Residence: 17 Green Terrace
          Father's name: Joseph Harvey
          Father's trade: Printer
          Bride:
          Name: Maria Scott
          Condition: Spinster
          Residence: 7 City Gardens
          Father's name: William Scott
          Father's trade: Watch finisher
          Witnesses:
          William Scott
          Emma Thomas
          Any chance of locating Emma Thomas or knowing who she might have been?

Comment

Very interesting research by Chris on Maria Harvey, but as usual with ripper stuff it raises more questions than it answers,
            If it is the right Maria Harvey, at the time of the murder of MK she appears to be a respectable married woman, mother of five children, youngest about 15 months.[ born either Shoreditch June 87 or Hackney march 88] based around Hoxton Hackney

Mary's friend is described as young, although calling herself a launderess, she was prob also a part time prostitute. She stayed a few nights at Millers Court before getting her own place at 3 New Place. This Maria does not appear to be married. In 88 Charles Harvey was still alive and their is no reason to suppose that his wife had moved to Spitalfields and abandoned her children.
            BUT if it is the same one, perhaps she had a drink problem and temporarily left her family from time to time. This is pure speculation

Borough Police Court 1874
            Maria Harvey charged with being very drunk and notorious on Saturday night was fined 10s and costs or 14 days.[ the usual fine was 5s so she was totally tanked]
            She would have been about 25. It it most likely not her, but interesting.
            Charles death cert would be good reading to see what he died of and whether his wife was the informant.

Miss Marple

Comment

Working...
            X