Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
General Suspect Discussion: A Cross by any other name...smells like JtR? - by MrBarnett 6 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Charles Lechmere interesting link - by Lechmere 7 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Poll: Organs/body parts removed or not? - by Trevor Marriott 7 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Poll: Organs/body parts removed or not? - by Wickerman 7 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: A Cross by any other name...smells like JtR? - by Lechmere 7 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Poll: Organs/body parts removed or not? - by Trevor Marriott 7 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
General Discussion: PC Long, GSG & a Piece of Apron - (17 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Poll: Organs/body parts removed or not? - (12 posts)
Goulston Street Graffito: GSG/DB/SJ.. all mean nothing? - (5 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: A Cross by any other name...smells like JtR? - (3 posts)
Bury, W.H.: So what did Parr know? - (3 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Charles Lechmere interesting link - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Online newspaper archives
Mar 6, 2014, 11:56 pm
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm
Donald Swanson
Dec 9, 2012, 3:40 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.
Mike Covell: A Study in Red – The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper
March 3, 2014, 3:42 am.
Mike Covell: Almost there….
January 24, 2014, 4:05 am.
Mike Covell: Jack the Ripper - Year in Review 2013
December 28, 2013, 7:31 am.
Mike Covell: Jack the Ripper At Last? - Review
December 9, 2013, 2:08 am.
Mike Covell: From Whitechapel to Whitefriargate
November 27, 2013, 4:15 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Pub Talk

Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Detective

Default Indict Rupert Murdoch

Given the news today shouldn't Rupert Murdoch and his son James, owners of News International be indicted for the crime of perverting the course of justice over the phone hacking of Milly Dowler's mobile phone whilst she was missing and during a police investigation.

It is reported that 2 text's to her phone were deleted by people employed by News International.

I understand that perverting the course of justice carries a possible sentence of life imprisonment in the UK.

Derrick
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Given the news today shouldn't Rupert Murdoch and his son James, owners of News International be indicted for the crime of perverting the course of justice over the phone hacking of Milly Dowler's mobile phone whilst she was missing and during a police investigation.

It is reported that 2 text's to her phone were deleted by people employed by News International.

I understand that perverting the course of justice carries a possible sentence of life imprisonment in the UK.

Derrick
Yes - throw the book at him and lock the rat up.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Sergeant

Quote:

Derrick
Shocker! Left wing poster more outraged at Rupert Murdoch than at Glenn Mulcaire(who as far as I know actually did the hacking).
Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Commisioner

Quote:

Derrick

What criminal goings on !What a bunch of bosses!---never heard the like---never! It wasn't just hacking Millie Dowler's phone but it appears that the families of service men and women who were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan may have been hacked too.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_c View Post
Shocker! Left wing poster more outraged at Rupert Murdoch than at Glenn Mulcaire(who as far as I know actually did the hacking).
The man/woman at the top has to take responsibility. The buck stops with him/her. Glen Mulcaire should take his punsihment too - and his boss - whatshername. They are all tainted with this. It is shameful beyond words.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limehouse View Post
The man/woman at the top has to take responsibility. The buck stops with him/her. Glen Mulcaire should take his punsihment too - and his boss - whatshername. They are all tainted with this. It is shameful beyond words.
Apparently Murdoch would rather detonate one of his biggest selling sunday titles than punish Rebbeca Brooks, or "Slapper" as the Eye likes to call her after her alleged Kemp-beating antics.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomKent View Post
Apparently Murdoch would rather detonate one of his biggest selling sunday titles than punish Rebbeca Brooks, or "Slapper" as the Eye likes to call her after her alleged Kemp-beating antics.
Yes - it's a shame so many innnocent people will lose their jobs when this 'lady' walks free from her responsibilities. However - I wonder if - after this 'detonation' a 'new' Sunday rag will rise from the ashes?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Detective

Talking NOTW, soft, strong and thoroughly absorbant!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomKent View Post
Hi Tom,

I think that Murdoch is hoping that by offering up the NOTW as a sacrifice he will still be able to get his grubby little hands on the real prize, namely, the total ownership and control of BskyB. No doubt he will launch a "New" Sunday paper, you know, the same old rag under a new name. As for Ms Brooks, I wonder just what dirty secrets she may have acquired on the Murdochs, father and son, during her unparalleled rise from secretary to the youngest ever editor of a national British newspaper???

Best wishes,
Zodiac.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limehouse View Post
Yes - it's a shame so many innnocent people will lose their jobs when this 'lady' walks free from her responsibilities. However - I wonder if - after this 'detonation' a 'new' Sunday rag will rise from the ashes?
But it is OK, as she is the one who will lead the internal investigation. Which is like letting Whinnie the Pooh work out who is responsible for the honey being eaten.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Hi Tom,

I think that Murdoch is hoping that by offering up the NOTW as a sacrifice he will still be able to get his grubby little hands on the real prize, namely, the total ownership and control of BskyB. No doubt he will launch a "New" Sunday paper, you know, the same old rag under a new name. As for Ms Brooks, I wonder just what dirty secrets she may have acquired on the Murdochs, father and son, during her unparalleled rise from secretary to the youngest ever editor of a national British newspaper???

Best wishes,
Zodiac.

Which is what much of this scandal is about. Media outlets baying for a competitors blood and political attacks by left leaning parties trying to clip the wings of Murdoch and his empire.

The Dowler phone hacking was a scandal. Hopefully some journalists will be imprisoned for it. But stop using Milly Dowler as a reason to condemn Murdoch. Much of the "outrage" is sickening, political and smacks of opportunism.

I suspect many of the folk jumping on the bandwagon dont give two hoots about the Dowler investigation or her family.

Last edited by jason_c : 07-07-2011 at 11:23 PM.