Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitre Square sighting?

Hello all,

This has been driving me mad over the last couple of weeks (since it crossed my mind again as an angle I wanted to look into further) - I know I read somewhere, a while ago now, about a policeman (City presumably) who witnessed a 'figure' in 'a passageway' adjoining Mitre Square while watching an address thought to be the murderers 'bolthole' nearby, on the night of the Stride/Eddowes killings?

Bear with a relative newcomer here, but I have tried searching everywhere to find this out and come up with nowt; I didn't imagine it. I didn't. Did I?

Are you thinking, perhaps, of the story attributed to Stephen White? It's available as part of his entry in the JtR Wiki:

Comment

If I had to say that the suspect White mentioned reminded me of any one of the known suspects, then he instantly made me think of Cutbush (who I definitely don't think was the Ripper). But that alleged 'murder' doesn't sound familiar at all. Not to doubt the man, but does anyone know anything about that murder (if it was a murder and not 'just' stabbing)? I'm intrigued!

Comment

Dear Mascara & Paranoia,

What you need to do is pop across to another thread. Where hopefully, you will read further on your question.

Casebook Forums>Ripper Discussions>Police officials>White,Sergeant Stephen.

Hope this helps. JOHN RIUFFELS.

Comment

The Grave Maurice, Mascara & Paranoia - thankyou for the swift replies, as I said I'm fairly new to the case at this level and so will now and then need a helpful nudge in the right direction.

Johnr- thanks for the reply too and for the link, apologies if you think this was misposted but when you don't know the name you're looking for it's quite hard to find someone on the 'officials' boards short of posting on every one 'was this the mitre square sighting officer' which I think you'd agree would have been much more inconvenient.

As they say, move along, nothing to see here.

M&P - see you on the Sgt. White board!

Comment

Thanks tnb,
            Hope I did not come across as pedantic. I'm guilty of the opposite.
            A lot of what is on that other thread is very interesting.I enjoyed re-reading it myself. JOHN RUFFELS.

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
              M&P - see you on the Sgt. White board!
              That you will! xD

Comment

Working...
              X