Damn! Thought I cracked it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn! Thought I cracked it!

Thought I'd found the name Druitt or Drvit hidden in the word JUWES! Then found it had already been found by one Phil Wilshire in Ripperana #15.(smarty pants!)

But did you also add to it this; the death associated with the "juwes" message is Catherine Eddowes. Killed in Mitre Square. Her face had two cuts under each eye, like arrows. Or they could form a letter M. If they are also pointing the direction of the killer's lair then the they point south-east, in which lies the Minories, where Montague Druitt had a relative living, and where it is thought he resided himself. The M could then be for Minories AND Montague.

A day before Eddowes died the police received a ripper letter saying "Beware, I shall be at work on the 1st and 2nd Inst. In Minories at twelve midnight, and I give the authorities a good chance, but there is never a policeman near when I am at work. Yours, Jack the Ripper."

A day after the killing and the clue left on the wall another letter was received saying"What fools the police are. I even give them the name of the street where I am living. Yours, Jack the Ripper."

Was he just reffering to the clue in the letter or was he also saying the body and the cuts pointing towards the Minories was a clue too?

Surely the DRVIT clue is enough though. Why are people still theorising?
    Last edited by albie; 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Working...
X