Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Just fascinating to see a review of Donald Trumps court deposition under oath in 2007 when he sued an author who wrote about Trumps net worth.
    Trump lied 30 times in his deposition. He wasn't worth anything close to what he claimed.

He just lives in his own reality.
    When is America going to wake up?
    If they didn't wake up when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton authorized the plutonium deal with Russia and then the Clinton foundation receiving millions from Russian cronys and bill receiving ridiculous speaking fees from Russia then they never will. I mean talk about Russian collusion.

Oh and by the way everyone who's ever said anything about Russian collusion and current admisitration there is no evidence of anything!

They need to stop this Russian nonsense and focus on all the leaks!!

I give all credit to Chris Mathews from MSNBC to calling it out the Russian nonsense for what it is.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      If they didn't wake up when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton authorized the plutonium deal with Russia and then the Clinton foundation receiving millions from Russian cronys and bill receiving ridiculous speaking fees from Russia then they never will. I mean talk about Russian collusion.
      This has been debunked many times now. Clinton was one of 9 cabinet members who okayed the deal and even if she wanted to block it, she would not have been able to. Only the president would have been able to veto that deal.

Allegations of a deal giving Russia ownership of 20% of U.S. uranium deposits in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation are unsubstantiated.

In two evening tweets, President Donald Trump said the House Intelligence Committee’s Russia investigation has the wrong

In particular, the Politifact site states:
      "But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer."

Furthermore, the Nuclear Regulatory Comission states:
      "NRC’s review of the transfer of control request determined that the U.S. subsidiaries will
      remain the licensees, will remain qualified to conduct the uranium recovery operations, and will continue to have the equipment, facilities, and procedures necessary to protect public health and safety and to minimize danger to life or property. The review also determined that the licensees will maintain adequate financial surety for eventual decommissioning of the sites. Neither Uranium One nor ARMZ holds an NRC export license, so no uranium produced at either facility may be exported."

The suggestion that HR Clinton "had sold US Plutonium to the Russians" is another example of Fake news, I'm afraid. And by that I mean it is deliberately misleading with the sole intent to deceive for political gain.

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Oh and by the way everyone who's ever said anything about Russian collusion and current admisitration there is no evidence of anything!
      Nothing that is out in the public. Note Comey's answer to all of the following questions. It was: "I can not answer this question in an open session":

What do you know about the Russian bank VEB?
      Was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations in the Steele Dossier?
      Is MR. Flynn a central figure between the Russians and the Trump campaign?
      Is the Steele-Dossier still being reviewed or investigated?
      Is there any evidence of contact between Russian government officials and the Trump campaign?
      Did you ever come close to closing the investigation on Mr. Flynn?
      Are you aware of any meetings between Trump officials and Russian officials that have NOT YET been acknowledged?
      Do you think Mr. Trump colluded with the Russians during the campaign?

They need to stop this Russian nonsense and focus on all the leaks!!
      Republicans were happy to do nine, NINE separate investigations into Clinton's involvement in the Benghazi attack. So even after the first 8 had found nothing that would incriminate her, they were still happy to run a ninth? And now the Republicans don;t even want to see through ONE investigation into Trump's potential involvement into Russian interference in the 2016 election? Hm....
      Last edited by Svensson; 06-12-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• I just don't understand everyone jumping on the Comey "leak" thing, just because you say something over and over doesn't make it true.....first off, he specifically said the memo was written in such a way as to NOT be classified, plus it was his own memos.....how is it leaking leakingt o release your own non classified memos when you are a private private citizen?
        Look, is Trump involved with Russia? Maybe, we don't know...the evidence seems to be pointing that way, but who knows. What is certain is that the Presidents behavior has been questionable, he has changed his story on things too many times to be considered "honest"...his main issue seems to be he let's his ego take over....he needs that spotlight and will say whatever he wants in it too look "hard" even if it's not true, or goes against what was just said.....I think many of his wounds are self inflicted because of his lack of understanding of the job...I know that is why some like him, but that may be his downfall....

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
          This has been debunked many times now. Clinton was one of 9 cabinet members who okayed the deal and even if she wanted to block it, she would not have been able to. Only the president would have been able to veto that deal.

Allegations of a deal giving Russia ownership of 20% of U.S. uranium deposits in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation are unsubstantiated.

In two evening tweets, President Donald Trump said the House Intelligence Committee’s Russia investigation has the wrong

In particular, the Politifact site states:
          "But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer."

Furthermore, the Nuclear Regulatory Comission states:
          "NRC’s review of the transfer of control request determined that the U.S. subsidiaries will
          remain the licensees, will remain qualified to conduct the uranium recovery operations, and will continue to have the equipment, facilities, and procedures necessary to protect public health and safety and to minimize danger to life or property. The review also determined that the licensees will maintain adequate financial surety for eventual decommissioning of the sites. Neither Uranium One nor ARMZ holds an NRC export license, so no uranium produced at either facility may be exported."

The suggestion that HR Clinton "had sold US Plutonium to the Russians" is another example of Fake news, I'm afraid. And by that I mean it is deliberately misleading with the sole intent to deceive for political gain.

Nothing that is out in the public. Note Comey's answer to all of the following questions. It was: "I can not answer this question in an open session":

What do you know about the Russian bank VEB?
          Was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations in the Steele Dossier?
          Is MR. Flynn a central figure between the Russians and the Trump campaign?
          Is the Steele-Dossier still being reviewed or investigated?
          Is there any evidence of contact between Russian government officials and the Trump campaign?
          Did you ever come close to closing the investigation on Mr. Flynn?
          Are you aware of any meetings between Trump officials and Russian officials that have NOT YET been acknowledged?
          Do you think Mr. Trump colluded with the Russians during the campaign?

Republicans were happy to do nine, NINE separate investigations into Clinton's involvement in the Benghazi attack. So even after the first 8 had found nothing that would incriminate her, they were still happy to run a ninth? And now the Republicans don;t even want to see through ONE investigation into Trump's potential involvement into Russian interference in the 2016 election? Hm....
          Hi Sven son
          A very well thought out and balanced post, and very informative. Thanks for that! Seriously.

As admin had said no more Trump, I'm not going to comment on him specifically, and I can see where this is headed. Gonna take a break from this thread again, at least for a while.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Sven son
            A very well thought out and balanced post, and very informative. Thanks for that! Seriously.

As admin had said no more Trump, I'm not going to comment on him specifically, and I can see where this is headed. Gonna take a break from this thread again, at least for a while.
            Then again, Admin said that threads in memory of victims should be free of political mudslinging. This thread is pretty much on-topic.

Maybe it's time to resurrect the Brexit-thread..?

I'm sure it will be all fine. Eventually.

Comment

Where did you hear that? It's not even on the fake news network.

Oh and looks like comedy may have been the source of many more leaks prior tt the one he just admitted. If true further exemplifying why the guy is a joke as head of FBI and needed to go. Good riddance.
              Is this "real news" enough for you?

I agree with the perception of Comey as a whistleblower, not a "leaker". The former have legal protections.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Hi Sven son

With regards Clinton and Uranium. The links don't clear up how important the State Dept recommendations may have been in the decision. Sure, nine agencies may have been involved but as far as we know the other eight may have simply followed the State Dept lead in making the decision. The links also suggest some payments to the Clinton Foundation from those who benefitted from the deal were not disclosed. It's all still extremely murky; pay to play schemes normally are.

Comment

But Abby, you have it backwards.
                  If there was evidence, there wouldn't be any need for the investigation.

Now, it appears Mueller IS investigating Trump, he is doing this to look for evidence.

All the Trump supporters keep saying "there's no evidence", of course there isn't, but the investigation has just begun.....
                  What the Trump'sters need to be saying is, "I hope there's no evidence".

Watch this space.....
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                    With regards Clinton and Uranium. The links don't clear up how important the State Dept recommendations may have been in the decision. Sure, nine agencies may have been involved but as far as we know the other eight may have simply followed the State Dept lead in making the decision. The links also suggest some payments to the Clinton Foundation from those who benefitted from the deal were not disclosed. It's all still extremely murky; pay to play schemes normally are.
                    And all these foreign leaders paying hundreds of thousands to stay at Trump's Mar a lago in Florida in hope of getting some one-on-one time with him on weekends, what's the name for that......let me think.....er....hmm
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                    X