Annie's Two Gold Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie's Two Gold Rings

Is it well known that at the time of his death Francis Tumblety had two gold rings on his fingers, just like the ones missing from Chapmans body at the time of her murder? Was he also the mysterious 'Lodger' who came home one night stained with blood?

Opinions welcome.

The imitation gold rings that Tumblety had at the time of his death is well known...I'm sure most of the rings worn by down-at-heel women in the East End were brass rather than gold.

If FT was the batty street lodger given his appearance and demeanour it would seem more likely that he was covered with blood because he was the victim, rather than the perpetrator of an assault.
    Last edited by DirectorDave; 12-06-2016, 03:43 AM.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Actually, amongst the real jewelry Dr. Tumblety had at the time were also the cheap BRASS rings....read into it what you will....Mike Hawley will provide a better inventory of what T. had at the time....something tells me her rings would not have fit a man of Tumbletys size..

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Parker_Pyne79 View Post
        Is it well known that at the time of his death Francis Tumblety had two gold rings on his fingers, just like the ones missing from Chapmans body at the time of her murder? Was he also the mysterious 'Lodger' who came home one night stained with blood?

Opinions welcome.
        Here you go Parker_Pyne: http://www.searchingfortruthwithabro...etys_Rings.pdf

Sincerely,

Mike
        The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
        http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Weren't they several rings found in the trunks Bury owned after his wife's murder? Two of these could have been Annie's.

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
            Interesting read, Mike. But couldn't Tumblety's "Two imitation set rings" refer to two rings with imitation gemstones set into them, rather than a set of two imitation gold rings?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
              Interesting read, Mike. But couldn't Tumblety's "Two imitation set rings" refer to two rings with imitation gemstones set into them, rather than a set of two imitation gold rings?
              Hi Joshua,

Yes, since the term "set" was used for both two rings together or set with gems. Both Tim Riordan and I believe 'set with imitation gems' is not the case. On the numerous occasions Tumblety's jewelry was discussed, never did he have any kind of gem but diamonds (diamond rings v. set with diamonds). The purpose of the jewelry in his pocket was to show the police (generally when he got arrested in the slums) that he was a member of higher society merely slumming. He had real diamonds. Also, when referring to the diamond rings, the recorder did not use 'set' diamond ring but stones "of", suggesting his connotation of set is pair.

Sincerely,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                Weren't they several rings found in the trunks Bury owned after his wife's murder? Two of these could have been Annie's.
                Hi John,

I'm going by the eyewitness report of the abrasion over the ring finger, meaning the missing rings were likely ripped off the finger, however, I'm now curious about the rings found.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
                  Hi John,

I'm going by the eyewitness report of the abrasion over the ring finger, meaning the missing rings were likely ripped off the finger, however, I'm now curious about the rings found.

Mike
                  Hi Mike

Bury's wife Ellen owned some jewellery however its likely anything valuable would have been pawned. But as I'm sure you know it's not unusual for Serial Killers to keep mementos taken from there victims.

Cheers John

Comment

Thanks, John, and I'm intrigued about collecting/harvesting organs, as well.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X