No announcement yet.

Whitechapel Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday - yes, de Locksley is a nutter.

He was arrested for streaking or something in Highgate Cemetery once. Something like that. He has rumoured past links to the National Front. His real name is just plain old John Pope. He claims a Masonic background, which is almost certainly ficticious. He also claims he is descended from Vlad Tepes, Robin of Locksley and someone very important in Victorian England (I can't remember who, though).

Needless to say, his knowledge of Jack the Ripper is much on the same lines.

Monty - your words cannot hurt me, for I am immortal. Sorry - immoral.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Monty - your words cannot hurt me, for I am immortal. Sorry - immoral.
      Quite, for you are a tour guide after all.

Monty

PS, I would like to stress that the above is what is deemed as Banter between Philip (note the correct spelling) and myself. So the person who mailed me, please dont worry. Mr Hutchinson holds my full respect. If he did not, well I wouldnt even bother with him.
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Whoever e-mailed Monty - thank you. Good to see The Firm are doing their job. Extra rations for you, and I shall even loan you the dentist's drill.

PHILIP

Comment

Apparently you "should have the gratitude of all of you for the work he (you) has done in the field"

You been horse bothering again?

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

You know EQUUS? My story.

PHILIP

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
              He was arrested for streaking or something in Highgate Cemetery once. Something like that. He has rumoured past links to the National Front. His real name is just plain old John Pope. He claims a Masonic background, which is almost certainly ficticious. He also claims he is descended from Vlad Tepes, Robin of Locksley and someone very important in Victorian England (I can't remember who, though).
              Phil - well for all his bluster, DeLocksley does have at least one illustrious relative. He is the nephew of the late William Binding who has an interesting CV to say the least.

To start with, he was the head of the British division of the Ku Klux Klan. He also stood for parliament in 1997 as the BNP candidate for Dagenham. And he was a prominent member of the Springbok Club who agitate for the return of white supremacy in South Africa.

But I hear he quite liked kittens.
              Say hello: http://www.myspace.com/alansharpauthor

Comment

Can we please get this thread on track. As Ally said earlier on it is a thread for discussing articles in the Whitechapel Society Journal.

Fair enough if no-one has anything to say. Lets keep it a dormant thread if that is so.

Coral

Still hoping for you all to subscribe.

The only magaizne which gets published on the day it promises.

Comment

My apologies to Coral.

I did not mean to hijack this thread - merely I was just trying to find out that I am not the only person who finds JTR fascinating without being castigated as a nutter!

Regards

Comment

Great to be back!!!

I will be posting up details of the brand spanking new WS1888 Journal very soon.

This will be published next Saturday to coincide with our meeting featuring Fiona McCarthy's exclusive presentation concerning her ancestor, John McCarthy. Yes, it is he!!!

ADRIAN.
                    (Editor: Whitechapel Society Journal)
                    Hello

Comment

Glad to have you back Adrian

Coral

Comment

Hi Wednesday

Have just seen your reply to this thread.

No way are you a 'nutter'.

I have just spent the last couple of days 'archiving' stuff from my days with Ripperologist - I cant believe how many 'nutttersl ' actually wrote to me. but equally I treasure all the letters I have from Ripper authors.

Coral

Comment

Looking forward to next week's meeting. I thought I was going to be in Wales, but will be back in time for the 2nd.

Comment

Looking forward to this meeting too!
                            Cheers
                            Norma

Comment

Originally posted by coral View Post
                              I cant believe how many 'nutttersl ' actually wrote to me. but equally I treasure all the letters I have from Ripper authors.

Coral
                              I can immediately think of four who fall into BOTH categories!

PHILIP

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                                I can immediately think of four who fall into BOTH categories!

PHILIP
                                OK where you been hiding the Trenouth letter???
                                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                                X