Hutchinson reading the Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Regardless, the whole scenario is mute due to the fact Hutchinson, if he was the killer, need only disappear back to Romford to evade detection.
    Hi wick.
    I see your point and somewhat agree. I actually see hutch coming forward as a negative against his suspect hood. I just point out some reasons why he might have come forward whereas you are pointing out reasons why he wouldn't.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hi wick.
      I see your point and somewhat agree. I actually see hutch coming forward as a negative against his suspect hood. I just point out some reasons why he might have come forward whereas you are pointing out reasons why he wouldn't.
      Hi Abby.

Ok, so you are less inclined to see Hutchinson as a suspect because he came forward. But, he came forward to tell the police who he saw. Yet, if I'm not mistaken, you think the man he saw was a fabrication?

So, why come forward?
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Hi Abby.

Ok, so you are less inclined to see Hutchinson as a suspect because he came forward. But, he came forward to tell the police who he saw. Yet, if I'm not mistaken, you think the man he saw was a fabrication?

So, why come forward?
        If he's the killer- to explain his presence there and deflect suspicion toward fictional Aman.

If he's not-to explain his presence there and gain a little fame and fortune.

And since we seem to be going in circles now, I'm out for now.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Hutch may have thought they were suppressing details so as not to alert the killer that the police were on to him.
          Hi Abby,

But if Hutch entered MJK's room and killed her, one of those suppressed details - for all he knew - could have been Lewis watching him do just that.

I think you are wise to favour the ripper popping back to Romford or wherever in that scenario, and never having to bump into Lewis with all her suppressed details.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

But if Hutch entered MJK's room and killed her, one of those suppressed details - for all he knew - could have been Lewis watching him do just that.
            Nah, Caz, I think it's only reasonable to distinguish between rational fear and totally irrational paranoia, and any concern that Lewis might have been staring out of her window at 3.00am most assuredly belongs in the latter category. Staring at what exactly? Wildebeests leaping majestically? At least with the Lawende and Lewis sightings, he was under no illusion that he had been seen. The concern, in both cases, was how much did the witnesses record and were able to describe. In the former, he might have assumed very little, but that was until he heard that it was deliberately suppressed, only for the full (and really rather detailed) description to follow in the Police Gazette. What if something similar occurred with Lewis?

All the best,
            Ben

Comment

Hi Caz,

So still no idea of the actual percentage, but you guess it must be a 'significant' one?
              I don't "guess". I know. I know it must be "significant" enough for experts in law enforcement to predict this precise behaviour - correctly - in uncaught offenders, laying successful traps accordingly. I will get round eventually to discussing individual examples, although I outlined the case of several in my Casebook Examiner article.

Yeah, and if the ripper was in his seventies, a female monarch or a yellow glove puppet, or managed not to be seen by anyone with a victim or near a crime scene, then every witness statement would have been equally welcome - including Lewis's - no doubt about it. Circular I'm afraid, Ben. It can be applied to virtually anyone we wish to suspect.
              But we're discussing Hutchinson, and I'm not "wishing" to suspect him. I'm simply pointing out that if he was the killer, he was not a female monarch or a yellow glove puppet, but a local gentile nobody - the suspect type touted by the rank-and-file as the most likely, coincidentally enough. All I'm saying is that a gentile local ripper would not have been fussed by Liz Long's description of the supposedly foreign suspect's back.

All the best,
              Ben
              Last edited by Ben; 04-29-2014, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X