Robert Hardy dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Hardy dies

Another fine performer from the days of our youth has passed: Robert Hardy, who was in four of the "Harry Potter" films, and was "Siegrfied" in "All Creatures Great and Small" He also made a career portraying Winston Churchill, including a mini-series called "The Wilderness Years". I always enjoyed his performances, even when he was in a supporting role. There was a two part series on television about "Gulliver's Travels", in which Lemuel Gulliver is being the subject of an insanity hearing, and Hardy is one of the physicians. Through most of it he is certain that Gulliver is crazy, but at the end he is astounded when Gulliver's son shows up with a horse from Lilliput that is about the size of a frog.

Jeff

Very sad.
    As well as acting, he was also something of an authority on the English longbow, writing several books on the subject, studying the bows recovered from the wreck of the Mary Rose and was, for a time, Master of the Worshipful Company of Bowyers of the City of London.

Comment

RIP

I only remember him from All Creatures.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I first became aware of him in the series "Manhunt."

Comment

Aw, not Siegfried!

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          RIP

I only remember him from All Creatures.
          I remember him best from "All Creatures Great and Small", but in many other roles as well. He was one my favorites among actors who were more often seen as supporting characters in films and television.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Working...
          X