Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe but the were clearly exonerated later

Comment

• As a newbie to the site I am still interested in gaining a 'Person of Interest Pool'. Where I have been interested in this case and have been reading books on the matter for around 30 years, i still have not gained the knowledge that some/many seem to possess about the subject. I am looking forward to learning from everyone.
      It is not in the heart that hate begins but in the mind of those that seek the revenge of creation. Darrel Derek Stieben

Comment

• Hi towboydds...in case nobody's said it already, welcome to Casebook...odd place for a newbie to surface though! To preserve your good reputation I should stay away from these disreputable wights!

(sorry Fish and Lechmere...couldn't resist that!)

Every good wish

Dave

Comment

• Thatīs alright by me, Dave - when I sense that the last laugh belongs to me, I am generally generous with the first one.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• SPOILER ALERT: Read Fisherman's article in Rip 126 before reading on.

The new issue of Rip is out with Fisherman's article. It's very short, so it shouldn't take anyone long to read. I read it first (well, following the editorial). My initial impression is that I liked it, but was quite disappointed that Fish didn't include ANY of his routes, maps, and data that to him were the CLINCHER for accepting Cross as a viable suspect. This is exactly what I did in my Le Grand essay, except I took 52 pages to not include any of my reasons. So kudos to Fish for his brevity.

It seemed to me he was arguing for Cross as Nichols' murderer, as opposed to the Ripper himself. Unless we're just supposed to take for granted that the one must be the other. But I want to know why I should accept Cross as a suspect in the other murders? Is a part 2 in the works?

The theory is plausible, but not without its flaws. I won't get into those now, but I WILL say that what I DID like was Fish's obvious of a curious fact that I had not picked up on before...Cross told PC Mizen that a body had been found, but did not tell him that he and Paul...or even just himself...had found the body. Is this because Cross was trying to avoid close inspection (remember, his knife was still on him). That is a possibility. But Fish doesn't seem to have considered the other option, that being the very reason Cross himself gave at that time...that he just wanted to get to work on time.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
            X