Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just had a trawl through this thread and had a peak at the "evidence" on the website....all i can say is "FOR GOODNESS SAKE !!".......i shall leave it there

Comment

• "more than a century has passed since Jack disappeared into the night,
      but in a hundred years or more of guess work, surely there could have been less preposterous shite.....
      the man who brushed and dabbed in the oils for his art, would i am sure, laugh to the bottom of his heart......."

I shall get my coat !!

Comment

• Which letters are these?

Angel of Death, 10/8/88

Jibberish, 12/04/88

Stylish S, 07/19/89

If I’m Hung, 04/17/90

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          Which letters are these?

Angel of Death, 10/8/88

Jibberish, 12/04/88

Stylish S, 07/19/89

If I’m Hung, 04/17/90
          Just to be clear, these are from a partial list of Ripper letters I provided that I believe were written by Van Gogh, and the names listed were created by me to keep track of.

I’m guessing that you’re asking because there are others on those dates and you want to know which I’m referring to. If you’re referencing the wonderfully compiled Stewart Evans book, Letters from Hell, then providing the opening of each that’s shown in his book should give you what you need.

Angel of Death, 10/8/88, [skull and crossbones] “I am as you see by this note . . .”

Jibberish, 12/04/88, [largely illegible] “Jack THE Skipper”

Stylish S, 07/19/89, “Say now boss no ‘narrow escape’ . . .”

If I’m Hung, 04/17/90, “Do you think yourself a man . . .”

Thanks for asking, hope that gives you what you are after.

Dale Larner

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Dale

I've had an interest in the extant "Ripper" letters for a while now

I'd be interested in the full list of letters you believe originated with VVG and an explanation as to how and why you settled upon these letters

I say "originated" because there is the possibility within your theory that other people wrote and posted the letters on his behalf

This is because even within the partial list you have so kindly provided, I see no connection in the writing, diction, dates etc, some of them being contradictory. There are also a number of addressees

Clues within the letters must be false if VVG wrote them because, for example, in one letter he states he is not bearded. In another he claims all the victims from Emma Smith to Chapman, in another he claims to have bought grapes from Packer etc

So if nothing can be relied on within the content, that leaves handwriting and the dates and locations from which they were posted

Most are from East London and one is from Taunton and another from Limerick

The Taunton one would be the illegible letter, which by definition could only have significance in the handwriting or date sent

Have you been able to compare handwriting on all these letters or are you assuming VVG could change his writing style at will?

Thanks in advance for any reply

Best Regards

Nemo
            Last edited by Nemo; 05-15-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
              Thanks for the reply Dale

I've had an interest in the extant "Ripper" letters for a while now

I'd be interested in the full list of letters you believe originated with VVG and an explanation as to how and why you settled upon these letters

I say "originated" because there is the possibility within your theory that other people wrote and posted the letters on his behalf

This is because even within the partial list you have so kindly provided, I see no connection in the writing, diction, dates etc, some of them being contradictory. There are also a number of addressees

Clues within the letters must be false if VVG wrote them because, for example, in one letter he states he is not bearded. In another he claims all the victims from Emma Smith to Chapman, in another he claims to have bought grapes from Packer etc

So if nothing can be relied on within the content, that leaves handwriting and the dates and locations from which they were posted

Most are from East London and one is from Taunton and another from Limerick

The Taunton one would be the illegible letter, which by definition could only have significance in the handwriting or date sent

Have you been able to compare handwriting on all these letters or are you assuming VVG could change his writing style at will?

Thanks in advance for any reply

Best Regards

Nemo
              You don’t ask for much, do you?

Of course, I won’t be able to provide you with the full list of the Ripper letters that I believe were written by Van Gogh, nor the detailed explanation of why I chose those letters. You’ll have to experience that in the book.

I would simply note that I believe Van Gogh wrote the majority of the Ripper letters, which means some were hoaxes. How I arrived at determining which letters were written by Van Gogh involved exhausted research of the Ripper letters and Van Gogh’s letters, examining and comparing each based on all the expected criteria, such as handwriting, location, dating, content, and visuals.

As for Van Gogh’s handwriting, I didn’t need to assume he wrote in varied hands, he did so in his own letters, which is a similar characteristic to the many Ripper letters.

I wish I could be more specific, but you’ll have to wait for the book for the specifics in this area. But I’ll let you know that with your interest in the Ripper letters you are sure to be fascinated by what’s presented.

Thanks,
              Dale Larner

Comment

• Hi Dale,

Have you ever considered stand-up comedy?

Regards,

Simon
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Er, No

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi Dale,

Regards,

Simon
                  Hi Simon,

I suspect the answer to that is 'No'. I wonder who VVG sent the letters to in order to get the 'EC' postmark which fooled the police (and everyone else) so completely.

Regards, Bridewell.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Hi Bridewell,

I suspect VVG kept his ear to the ground.

Own up, Dale, you'll be using these one-liners at the Comedy Store.

Regards,

Simon
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• I wish I could be more specific, but you’ll have to wait for the book for the specifics in this area.
                      Which are the areas in which we won't have to 'wait for the book' in order to get the specifics?

Regards, Bridewell
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi Dale,

Regards,

Simon
                        I have considered it in the past, but someone told me I was too tall to be a good comedian, so I chose to be a writer instead. However, I do have a friend who’s pursuing that field. I suppose he could find lots of material on this thread, but VINCENT ALIAS JACK is no joke.

Cheers,
                        Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                          Which are the areas in which we won't have to 'wait for the book' in order to get the specifics?

Regards, Bridewell
                          The VincentAliasJack.com website provides a few pretty good specifics, and I’ve also given out a few extras along the way here—some obvious, and perhaps some not so obvious.

Thanks,
                          Dale Larner

Comment

• Yeah, but why don't you just put the book out already?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              Yeah, but why don't you just put the book out already?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                              I'm doing everything I can to get it out there as soon as possible, Tom. I'm dying for everyone to read it. It's an 800 page monster created as an unfolding adventure of striking matches and fascinating discoveries, all continually pointing to an undeniable conclusion--Vincent van Gogh was indeed Jack the Ripper.

You'll have to have some patience, but it will be worth it.

Thanks,
                              Dale Larner

Comment

• Wait for it..

You'll have to have some patience, but it will be worth it.
                                Hmm. Where have I heard that before?

Ripperology is awash with people endlessly promising to 'solve' the whole conundrum at the moment - but where are the goods?

It's all so much posturing, in my view. I'm sure that anybody with an actual contribution to make to the field would employ quite different tactics.

But never mind. At least it means that my crackpot bin stays nice and full....

Comment

Working...
                                X