Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit's Stock Market Selloff Worst Ever at 2 Trillion Dollars

c.d.

If you're dumb enough to bet your future on the stock market then I suppose you kinda get what you deserve.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Then again, could be a great time to buy....

Comment

It's most interesting that European markets are down more than UK markets.

Comment

Depends on if you are looking at the FTSE100 or the FTSE250. The latter being more domestically orientated than the former. Also, the UK's perceived trump-cards in Brexit, the financial sector has received a particular hammering. Barclays and RBS lost between 20 and 30 percent and trading their stocks had to be halted as a precaution.

Comment

Oh dear the greedy bankers gambled, yes GAMBLED on the wrong outcome.... oh well.

Comment

I don;t think it has anything to do with gambling. More likely that the shareholders looked at RBS/Barclays and asked themselves if they were going to produce decent dividends next quarter or not. if the answer is no, they will sell and shift their stock somewhere else.

Comment

And now, as of 5.00pm this afternoon, the FTSE 100 is back above its pre-Brexit level. I could have made a bloody fortune.

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                  And now, as of 5.00pm this afternoon, the FTSE 100 is back above its pre-Brexit level. I could have made a bloody fortune.

Graham
                  Yes Graham, and had my grandparents had the money in 1927 they could have purchased AT&T when it was trading at 10.

In which case my servants would be typing this while I dictated.

Jeff

Comment

Yes Jeff, and I'd like to know what the bloody hell is going on. We all expected a fall in UK stocks, but a rise back to pre-Brexit levels in less than a week? Could it be that there is reliable inside information that our next PM will be Boris?

Graham
                    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                      Yes Graham, and had my grandparents had the money in 1927 they could have purchased AT&T when it was trading at 10.

In which case my servants would be typing this while I dictated.

Jeff
                      We often complain about my grand father buying land at 35quid (back in 1940s) for near on an acre on the Lake, where I grew up, why didn't he buy a lot more.

Just recently our daughter is complaining that me and Mrs Gut didn't buy more blocks back in '99 when they were a quarter the price they are now.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

In early 1971, a few months before I got hitched, I was looking for a house. The father of a friend of mine, who lived near Lichfield (and only a half-mile from where the Staffordshire Horde was found) told me he knew of two small cottages which were up for sale nearby. He took me to view them - they were deserted and semi-derelict, but with about 3/4 acre of land behind them, and much more than a non-DIY bloke like me could even think about. The asking-price was less than £1000. Two years ago I happened to see, purely by chance, that those cottages, long ago knocked into one single habitation and extensively modernised, plus the developed land to their rear, were on the market for £975,000. ****.

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                          In early 1971, a few months before I got hitched, I was looking for a house. The father of a friend of mine, who lived near Lichfield (and only a half-mile from where the Staffordshire Horde was found) told me he knew of two small cottages which were up for sale nearby. He took me to view them - they were deserted and semi-derelict, but with about 3/4 acre of land behind them, and much more than a non-DIY bloke like me could even think about. The asking-price was less than £1000. Two years ago I happened to see, purely by chance, that those cottages, long ago knocked into one single habitation and extensively modernised, plus the developed land to their rear, were on the market for £975,000. ****.

Graham
                          Yep 1979, three blocks waterfront $3,000, now well over a million each.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                          X