Davy Jones R.i.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davy Jones R.i.P.

it has just been announced that Davy Jones, lead singer with The Monkees, has died of a heart attack, aged 66.

Great singer, great personality,

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

I am saddened to hear this news. Davy Jones R.I.P.

See "The Monkees' Davy Jones dead at 66," by Ashley Hayes and Todd Leopold, CNN.
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

This is a shame. Here's one of their best :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Yes, sad news. The Monkees were here in town about 20 or so years ago for one of their reunion tours and I didn't go to the concert. I did however go into a local club named Doc Rocks about 2 AM and Davy Jones was in there after the show just sitting at the bar like everyone else. Micky Dolenze was in there as well but the two weren't together. RIP Davy.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Very sad news. When I was a kid, Davy Jones was who I wanted to be because all the girls were drooling over him. Does Micky Dolenz still live in the UK btw. I believe he used to be based somewhere near Newark (Notts), but don't know if that's still the case.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Very sad indeed. Not sure why it has made me feel this way. Odd.

Here is another of their best

Comment

A shock indeed. Davy always looked so young, I would have thought that he would be the last to go, although I remember thinking the same thing when George Harrison died.

Comment

It really is sad, isn't it? He wasn't that old and was sort of a fun loving gentle sort of human being.

Human race loses when a guy like that leaves the party early.

Comment

Davy Jones was my first crush. I was thirteen when my Mum drove me and a friend to Wembley to see the Monkees in concert in the summer of 1967. I wore a new peach trouser suit for the occasion and my friend had a lime green one. I only had eyes - and screams - for Davy. I can still remember the ringing in my ears throughout the night afterwards. Pure magic.

Thank you Davy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

He watched from the wings when The Beatles performed on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964. He was already a star in America then after playing the lead role in Oliver on stage there.

He was the same age as me and I hope I have a similar death.

Simply not waking up one morning seems quite the best way to go.

I remember the TV show when it was first shown and it was deliciously subversive.
                    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Very sad news indeed.. He wa sa fun guy with a great sense of humor, I had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions and he was always very kind and a pleasure to be around...and was great with fans.

Plus he was in one of the greatest rock movies of all time HEAD....for those who have not seen it...well...lets just say if you are a fan or rock movies, or surreal cinema it is a must see (Best music the Monkees ever did as well)

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I'm still astonished that Caz can remember what she wore on a particular day when she was 13, what her friend wore, and that she calls orange clothes peach and green clothes lime.

Comment

Real music was written back then... music that lasts, rather than some of the forgettable stuff that is written today. The Monkees always produced a "feel good" type of music which was part of their success along with their madcap TV series that had as its inspiration the Beatles' "A Hard Days Night."
                          Christopher T. George
                          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            I'm still astonished that Caz can remember what she wore on a particular day when she was 13, what her friend wore, and that she calls orange clothes peach and green clothes lime.
                            Now, now, Robert. You know perfectly well that that all lime coloured clothes are green and all peach coloured clothes are orange but that not all green things are lime coloured and not all orange colours are peach (apologies to American readers for that pesky 'u'). Personally I like Canary Yellow and Magenta and especially Dusty Pink.

I'm sure that the teenage Caz looked lovely in her peach trouser suit .
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Stephen, I just wish Caz had been around in 1888 as a witness - she'd have put Hutchinson to shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X