Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Denied Communion at Mother's Funeral Because She Is a Lesbian

c.d.

I've had to deal with this, not as a lesbian but as a Jew. I have taken part in Catholic ceremonies as a non Catholic, and for the most part I have been treated with respect, even to the point of priests finding ways to cover the fact that I was not receiving communion by giving me a blessing for about the same amount of time it take to give communion. But I also have been publicly reprimanded for not taking it, and even publicly thrown out of a funeral. Of course I've also been asked to leave a Jewish funeral. It's not the majority of any of these guys. Just a few spectacularly ill placed ones get through sometimes.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Despite the headline, I think the really disgraceful part is when he left the altar while the daughter gave the eulogy. That was just ignorant.

Calling her out in front of everyone was uncalled for, too.
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        I've had to deal with this, not as a lesbian but as a Jew. I have taken part in Catholic ceremonies as a non Catholic, and for the most part I have been treated with respect, even to the point of priests finding ways to cover the fact that I was not receiving communion by giving me a blessing for about the same amount of time it take to give communion. But I also have been publicly reprimanded for not taking it, and even publicly thrown out of a funeral. Of course I've also been asked to leave a Jewish funeral. It's not the majority of any of these guys. Just a few spectacularly ill placed ones get through sometimes.
        Hello Errata,

If it is not too personal, I would certainly like to hear why you were kicked out of a Jewish funeral.

c.d.

Comment

You can be kicked out of a night club if you have sneakers.
          This I've seen.

Comment

This priest is no Christian in my book.

Jesus accepted and welcomed everyone and he has not stopped doing that.

Comment

Working...
            X