Scottish Referendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
    I think it is necessary for there to be some financial overseeing of the Greek economy if their huge debts are to be written off. I was listening to a discussion on BBC Radio 4 yesterday which reported how Greek ministers had presented a false picture of the state of the Greek economy prior to it joining the EU. There was wide-spread corruption and false/misleading/mismanagement of taxes and funds that made the current recession bite so much deeper.

Comment

• Yes, the Greeks lied, but the other members turned a blind eye. They knew it was bogus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Yes, the Greeks lied, but the other members turned a blind eye. They knew it was bogus.
        Yes, quite right Robert. They did turn a blind eye. I meant to mention that quite important point but these days my ideas leak out of my brain before I get to the end of what I am currently writing!

Comment

• A huge problem in Greece is that people want to make a fast buck without providing good service or a product that one feels is worth the money. They used to get by on tourism alone... much like Tunis, but they lost the charm that attracts people. As much as it pains me to say this, Turkey has picked up the slack and Greece is gone. Italy is going the same way, but it has a few years left. Old world charm is gone, and the ruins just aren't enough these days when just the plane fare alone is astronomical.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

• My point was, if countries want a bailout, then the people bailing them out should ask for concessions like full representation in the bailed out government. We should see Chinese in the White House any day now.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

• Gathering my limbs to sing Flowers of Scotland after one hour, although it's Scotland-France.
              Don't want them to get the wooden spoon, especially when they've just been taken in twice (especially last year vs England) by French referee Monsieur Poite.

Comment

• Oh God...the Corries have a lot to answer for!

Comment

• Aaaarfff.

Comment

Working...
                  X