This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    I don't recall anyone ever mentioning they had, JR. Maybe Jerry has, if anyone.
    I did some research on Frederick Moore but didn't get into this at all with it. Somewhere I read (newspaper or elsewhere) the two were not related but can't remember where I read it and the reliability of the source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      Sorry forgot to mention earlier that the canal enters the Thames at Limehouse.

Steve
      There is no tidal movement in a canal like Regents Canal, Steve, and no current worthy of mentioning. The parts in that sack had been in water for some time, and were found very late in the process. The only really logical conclusion is that they were dropped in the canal and not flushed way up into it from the Thames, and that they were not going to enter the Thames from it.
      This you will undoubtedly know about and agree with.

Of course, anybdoy can - as is inevitably always the case - speculate that the maybe, just maybe, it was the other way around. As long as we are not 100 per cent sure, maybe the killer thought that Regents Canal was the quickest way to transport body parts out to the open sea.

The good thing about that is that we can all decide for ourselves whether these kinds of alternative takes on things have anything going for them.

So, egotistical as I am, I have decided not to invest anything at all in such a suggestion.
      Last edited by Fisherman; 10-16-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
        I did some research on Frederick Moore but didn't get into this at all with it. Somewhere I read (newspaper or elsewhere) the two were not related but can't remember where I read it and the reliability of the source.
        I remember it too, from perhaps two years back or so. I am pretty certain that it was either on Casebook or on JTR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          There is no tidal movement in a canal like Regents Canal, Steve, and no current worthy of mentioning. The parts in that sack had been in water for some time, and were found very late in the process. The only really logical conclusion is that they were dropped in the canal and not flushed way up into it from the Thames, and that they were not going to enter the Thames from it.
          This you will undoubtedly know about and agree with.
          I agree I was just mentioning the two waterways were linked.

Steve

Comment

Steve
            Which is fine - I should have done so myself if I had anticipated what would happen out here...

Comment

Which is fine - I should have done so myself if I had anticipated what would happen out here...
              Christer, have you seen Jerry Dunlops recent thread on JtR?
              Might not fit with your view but nevertheless very fascinating.

Steve

Comment

Christer, have you seen Jerry Dunlops recent thread on JtR?
                Might not fit with your view but nevertheless very fascinating.

Steve
                I have - and as I would always expect when Jerry is involved, it is openminded and interesting. An alley well worth taking a closer look at, therefore, but until anything a bit more substantial than relatively close possible distances between people and dumping places surfaces, to me, the sound of the alarm clock is only a faint one.
                Any amount of added decibels will of course alter that, and I´m glad Jerry is the one looking for them.
                The suggested route over Albert Bridge is clearly an option, but there were other options open to Wildbore to reach the building site that would not have taken him any longer to walk, I find. And wisely, Jerry only says that it is a very possible route. Quite so.
                Last edited by Fisherman; 10-17-2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

I have - and as I would always expect when Jerry is involved, it is openminded and interesting. An alley well worth taking a closer look at, therefore, but until anything a bit more substantial than relatively close possible distances between people and dumping places surfaces, to me, the sound of the alarm clock is only a faint one.
                  Any amount of added decibels will of course alter that, and I´m glad Jerry is the one looking for them.
                  The suggested route over Albert Bridge is clearly an option, but there were other options open to Wildbore to reach the building site that would not have taken him any longer to walk, I find. And wisely, Jerry only says that it is a very possible route.

Agreed, a great fan of Jerry myself.

Steve

Comment

Rather than just the physical link, it's more probable that the dump sites are linked by the person (or persons) using them.
                    If I recall, there were mentions during the coverage of Lizzie Jackson's inquest of "dangerous boatmen" in the vicinity of Battersea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      Rather than just the physical link, it's more probable that the dump sites are linked by the person (or persons) using them.
                      If I recall, there were mentions during the coverage of Lizzie Jackson's inquest of "dangerous boatmen" in the vicinity of Battersea.
                      Yes Joshua, the thread I mentioned on The by Jerry Dunlop is taking just that view. There appears to be several possible links to an name individual and the company he worked for.
                      We shall have to see if this develops.

Steve

Comment

Yes Joshua, the thread I mentioned on The by Jerry Dunlop is taking just that view. There appears to be several possible links to an name individual and the company he worked for.
                        We shall have to see if this develops
                        Cheers Steve, do you have a link to Jerry's thread? Is it the one concerning Moore, who found the Pimlico arm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                          Cheers Steve, do you have a link to Jerry's thread? Is it the one concerning Moore, who found the Pimlico arm?
                          My pleasure.

No it's about Fred Wildbore

Steve

Comment

• Thanks, that is indeed an interesting thread. Nice one Jerry!

Comment

• Here's the suggestion about boatmen I was thinking of, from the Star 29th June '89;

"On being asked by “Ginger Nell” where she had been she replied “Sleeping on the seats on the Chelsea Embankment.” She further stated that she walked about at night in the neighbourhood of the Albert Palace and Albert Bridge. She was warned against a dangerous class of boatmen, who infested the district, but she did not appear to heed the advice. This appears to be the last that ever was seen of her, until her remains were found at various points in the Thames."

Comment

• And on the (tangential) subject of contractors...

In the Penny Illustrated Paper of Sept 14th '89, there is a sketch of the torso being found in the Pinchin Street railway arch. In the yard beyond, which was used by the Board of Works for stonework is a sign, apparently saying "C Hinchliffe & co", who I assume to be a subcontractor.
                                Probably nothing to do with the murder, but just thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Working...
                                X