Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think could solve the Ripper case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellery Queen DID,in the original 'A Study in Terror' book......Personally,I vote for Clouseau.......
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      The trouble is, Colombo's too good.
      He had an image problem, though. Anyone of his "shabby genteel" appearance couldn't have survived too long on the streets of Spitalfields without being lynched.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Well I was going to suggest David Jason's Frost, but that glutton would have eaten the remains of the dinners found in the victims' stomachs.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
          It's got to be Inspector Monkfish:
          .........which was nice.
          "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

I'd forgotten about Monkfish. Ahh.... takes me back.
            Suits you sir!

Mostly though I'm now stuck with an image of Margaret Rutherford strutting round the East End as a prostitute. Jack the Ripper wouldn't have been the only one to take up stamp collecting. They could've virtually cured the vice problem overnight.

Thanks to all who have contributed anyway. It's been a real antidote to all my other heavy reading to read the replies. Look forward to more.

Ally.
            For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism!

Comment

Has anyone said Jonathan Creek? Mary Kelly's death is a kind of locked room murder.
              "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

Not the giant gorilla!

Comment

probably been said but Gene Hunt would've rolled around Whitechapel in a horse drawn cart with Ray and Chris, kicking in doors and smashing it up.

"Oi Jack, your nicked, yer bastard!"
                  www.myspace.com/whitechapelstrailofterror

Comment

My pick would be Hannibal Lecter.

Because he would have Jack for dinner, and would eat his liver with some farber beans.

BW
                    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Given the direction this thread has taken I'm changing my choice to 'The Detectives'! That's right! I'm putting Briggs and Louis on the case.

Apologies to those overseas, too young or with too much viewing taste to know who I'm talking about. You'll have to search Google to find out as I'm not prepared to start trying to explain right now.

Ally
                      For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism!

Comment

We get a fair amount of old British t.v. in the States, so let's see who remembers the Famous Five from "The British Comic Strip." Haven't seen them for years, but I remember it a bit like this:

"So chums, it must have been Ostrog. No wait, it must have been Druitt. Yes, that's even more likely."

(Hiding in the background, Druitt overhears and murmurs, "You're too smart for me, Famous Five. You've tumbled my game. I'm taking the easy way out." And cuts his own throat.)

"Fhew, that was a dreadful business. Well then, let's all go and celebrate with lashings of ginger beer!"'

The four human members of the Famous Five all flash beaming smiles, and their dog barks his agreement.

If I'm remembering that wrong, please correct me. They used to show it on MTV 20 years ago.

Comment

Adam Dalgleish.

Comment

L.

Blates.

Comment

Lestrade, of course. He has connections.

Comment

Inspector Gadget//or Horatio Caine from CSI Miami

Horatio: What do we got here Frank,
                                Frank: Annie Chapman, Horatio. Looks like she's been lying here for a while. Looks gross.
                                Horatio: No Frank, looks like murder (adjusts sunglasses)
                                Frank: Ahh...Horatio, it's the middle of the night...you really don't need to adjust your sunglasses.
                                Horatio: I know, Frank. I know. Why don't you get me some fish and chips.
                                Frank: Fish and what?
                                Horatio: Chips, Frank, chips. Potatos. That's what they call them over here.
                                Frank: Yes, sir.
                                Horatio: Oh, and Frank, make sure you drive on the correct side of the road. They do it a little different here.

BTW: My personal opinion, a CSI London would rock! I hear there's a Law and Order: London, and I would to see it...they can substitute the "da dun" sounds with the bells from Big Ben.
                                Last edited by Gman992; 01-30-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X