• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too young for the Beaumont Case.
    Last edited by DJA; 02-06-2016, 11:31 PM. Reason: Case
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 February 11 - The body of Joanne Fantazier, 17, is found under a bridge in New Jersey. Ms. Fantazier had been beaten to death and thrown off the structure. She is believed to be the second victim of the Jersey Shore Killer, a serial killer who has never been captured or identified.

50 years ago - 1966 February 11 - In Northeastern Illinois, Debbie Fijan, 10, stays after school to keep time for a basketball game but does not return home. Later, her body is found in a ditch. She had been stabbed nineteen times. Debbie's murder is still unsolved.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 150 years ago - 1866 February 13 - A nineteen-year-old bystander, George Wymore is shot and killed during an afternoon bank robbery in Liberty, Missouri. Suspicion is that the heist was to work of the James-Younger gang.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 February 17 - After leaving a Sydney nightclub, Anna Dowlingkoa is never seen alive again. Toward the end of the month, the prostitute's mutilated body is found in a suburb of the city. Her murder remains unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            50 years ago - 1966 February 17 - After leaving a Sydney nightclub, Anna Dowlingkoa is never seen alive again. Toward the end of the month, the prostitute's mutilated body is found in a suburb of the city. Her murder remains unsolved.
            If memory serves, the police suspected it may have been linked to the Wanda Beach murders. Never been able to work out why, but apparently that was the thought.

The body was actually found at Menai from memory.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

50 years ago - 1966 February 17 - After leaving a Sydney nightclub, Anna Dowlingkoa is never seen alive again. Toward the end of the month, the prostitute's mutilated body is found in a suburb of the city. Her murder remains unsolved.
              About an hour from The Cross to where the body was found.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I wasn't familiar with the Wanda Beach murders, although the case of the Beaumont Children is well-known here in the States (there's just something about an unsolved disappearance that excites more and wider interest than a known murder).

Someone's published a book last summer that alleges to have a strong suspect for both cases, it seems:

Detective Wayne Newman was possibly just days from a confession from convicted serial killer Derek Percy over two of of Australia's most infamous cold cases dating back to the 1960s, before he died

Has anyone read it? I'm considering buying it myself, but it's always nice to hear a review or two.
                - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                  I wasn't familiar with the Wanda Beach murders, although the case of the Beaumont Children is well-known here in the States (there's just something about an unsolved disappearance that excites more and wider interest than a known murder).

Someone's published a book last summer that alleges to have a strong suspect for both cases, it seems:

Detective Wayne Newman was possibly just days from a confession from convicted serial killer Derek Percy over two of of Australia's most infamous cold cases dating back to the 1960s, before he died

Has anyone read it? I'm considering buying it myself, but it's always nice to hear a review or two.

I haven't read it, but what I've heard says "Save your money".
                  G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    I haven't read it, but what I've heard says "Save your money".
                    Thanks!
                    - Ginger

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1916 February 18 - Hans Schmidt is put to death in Sing Sing's electric chair for murder. As a Roman Catholic priest, Schmidt had cut the throat of Anna Aumuller, a woman he'd gotten pregnant, then dismembered her body and thrown the remains into the Hudson River. Some also suspect him of killing a 9-year-old girl at another parish in Louisville, Kentucky.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 300 years ago - 1716 February 24 - In London, James Radclyffe, 3rd Earl of Derwentwater, is beheaded for treason. The Earl had participated in a Jacobite rebellion with the intent of returning a Catholic monarch to the thrown of England.

50 years ago - 1966 February 24 - The ninth child of Marie Noe, Catherine Noe, dies in Philadelphia of what is said to be SIDS. In the final tally, all 10 of Marie's children will die before they become 15 months old. In 1998, authorities finally figured what was going on and Mrs. Noe wound up pleading guilty to eight counts of second degree murder. It is believed that she suffocated eight of her children, including Catherine, with the other two actually dying of natural causes. The serial child killer got off with probabtion, however, and is still living today at the age of 87.
                        Last edited by sdreid; 02-22-2016, 03:27 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

100 years ago - 1916 February 18 - Hans Schmidt is put to death in Sing Sing's electric chair for murder. As a Roman Catholic priest, Schmidt had cut the throat of Anna Aumuller, a woman he'd gotten pregnant, then dismembered her body and thrown the remains into the Hudson River. Some also suspect him of killing a 9-year-old girl at another parish in Louisville, Kentucky.
                          I believe that Schmidt was the first and only Roman Catholic priest to be executed for a murder in New York State. I can't say about other states.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                            I believe that Schmidt was the first and only Roman Catholic priest to be executed for a murder in New York State. I can't say about other states.

Jeff
                            The only one in the USA I believe also thought to have committed the murder of a little girl and to have been involved in counterfeiting.
                            G U T

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 February 27 - The mutilated body of 27-year-old prostitute Anna Dowlingkoa is found outside of Sydney, Australia. She'd vanished after leaving a downtown nightclub earlier in the month. Her murder has never been solved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1916 February 29 - In Victoria, Australia, taxi driver William Haines is shot and killed after being called out for a false fare. Leslie "Squizzy" Taylor and John Williamson were tried for the crime but were acquitted. The murder case remains officially unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X