Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Digital: Which books do I rebuy on Kindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Digital: Which books do I rebuy on Kindle?

Hi All,

I'm a long time reader but first time poster. I've been reading/studying the Ripper case for over a decade now. I have a huge collection of paperback/hardcover books on Jack but recently purchased a kindle. I want to keep the most important books on the topic handy on my kindle but didn't want to rebuy each one. As I'm sure all of you know, some just aren't worth the 2nd buy.

I've already started with the must haves, such as The Complete History of Jack the Ripper by Sugden, The Complete Jack The Ripper by Rumbelow, Jack The Ripper; The Simple Truth by Paley & The Jack The Ripper A-Z by Begg, Fido and Skinner, but wanted all of your input on what else is a must have for my to-go collection.

A side question as well is which book by Begg should I include. He has so many and most reiterate the same information, so I was thinking 1 or maybe 2 of his only.

Thanks!
    Last edited by floridaripper; 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM. Reason: correction

Not a fan of digital books,

But it depends on where your interests are.

Tumblety Mike Healey's recent stuff.

druitt not sure that Jonathan's is digital.

Dr Cream prisoner 4374

I think Tom Wescott's books may be digital only, and well worth reading.

If we knew what takes your fancy we could add more.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Paul Begg's "Jack the Ripper The facts" !!! that is a must and

Jack the Ripper: The Forgotten Victims also by Mr. Begg

I would say Mike Hawley's Tumblety stuff as well... The Rippers Haunts and a new one coming very soon!!!

Wescotts are digital and amazing....

I would also recommend Evans and Skinners The Ultimate jack the Ripper companion, Robert House Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect ..

so many good books

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Not a re-purchase per se, but I'll agree with the others: Tom Wescott's books are well worth having!
        - Ginger

Comment

"Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect" by Robert House is a must-have title.

Impeccably researched and very readable book on Aaron Kosminski.

Comment

I like Kosminski as a suspect. I've been fascinated with Tumblety in the past and, at this moment, I can't remember why I moved on from him. I'll add House's book and Hawley's book to my list.

I don't think I've read any of Wescott's stuff before. Most likely because I haven't had a kindle before now. I'll look into him.

As for Begg, do you prefer "The Facts" over "The Uncensored Facts"? I'll make sure and get a copy of The Forgotten Victims. I don't think I've read that one yet.

I recently bought a copy of Patterson's book on Thompson. I'm interested in why he believe he's the best suspect. I also am currently reading through Williams' take in his most recent novel. I usually go towards the non-fictional Jack books but his idea interested me.

If there are any other suggestions, please let me know. I'm realizing although I've read a ton of books, I have also missed a lot that are potentially as good or better.

Comment

Facts and Uncensored Facts are the same book....facts is the updated version (published wanted the word uncensored first time around from what I understand) so facts would be the better choice in my opinion (updated and all)

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X