Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Manson and "family" -- cold case idntifies another victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Manson and "family" -- cold case idntifies another victim?

Interesting article about the cult murder group active in California in the late 1960s.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

I read that too. Doesn't surprise me as there was a documentary here in the States that had volunteer archaeologists digging Spawn Ranch and other Manson family haunts looking for human remains from supposed victims.

However, from what I read aside from the Police Suspicion at the time of the finding of the unidentified body there really isn't anything besides the location of Reet Jurvetson disappearance to tie her in with the Manson Family.

Yes, the Detectives have gone to see Manson but I think that they want to be sure to cover all their bases. LA was a big city even then so unless I see otherwise I am of the opinion that Miss Jurvetson's death is unrelated to the Manson Family. At least though her family finally found out what happened to her.

Comment

Hello, Semper, thank you for commenting.

Yes, the family's getting closure of a sort is the primary thing in these tragic cases.

I had just started high school in Southern California when the Manson murder story broke, and I remember the newspaper articles and the television reports of the trial. It was bizarre and unknown at the time; unfortunately much less so today.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Hi Pcdunn,

You welcome, I just saw the story on MSN like you and was curious. I wasn't born yet. I learned what I know of the case and Manson and his cult Family from reading Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi and what my Folks remembered of the case and talked about around me when I was growing up.

I can see why the Police connected the finding of Jane Doe, who was later identified as Reet Jurvetson as a possible Manson victim at the time but given what we know of Miss Jurvetson's disappearance now I just don't see any family activity.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the police can uncover.

Comment

Working...
        X