Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must say I have felt as if I’ve been dealing with higher-classed clientele lately.
    lovely stuff Dale.

I agree it sounds like galexander’s disappointment has been punctured, which might be something deserved, but which doesn’t quite satisfy.

I say continue with the puncturing of galexander’s pride, but as for his disappointment, I would suggest it deserves to be deeper. So . . .

"Galexander naively hoped he was actually onto something, and now displays the bitterness of punctured pride and deep disappointment."
    While we're at it Dale, could you suggest a more satisfying version of the phrase "pot calling the kettle back"?

"Jack Humbertson" aka William Wilson aka Jack Anderson Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
      Hi Dale

You have stated elsewhere that you have submitted your manuscript to two university professors for comment, one an author of a book about VVG

Would you be prepared to publish their comments here in regard to your theory?

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/dalewriter/

Besides also beginning to push the book through the use of social media sites, I have also begun to stir the pot by submitting a thread introducing the book concept on a forum at Casebook.org, the definitive “everything Jack the Ripper” website, which boasts over 1.3 million visitors a year. Since posting the thread in February, it has over 23,000 views (Link), and the book website has received visitors from 48 countries and all 50 states. This is just the beginning.

Two university professors, one of them the author of a Van Gogh book, are also currently reviewing the manuscript.
      Thanks for asking. I would love to. They have both shown a great deal of enthusiasm for the book, but both have had other distractions, such as their own projects and classes which have kept them from diving in fully to reading the manuscript. But now that classes have ended, the reading has begun, so perhaps some feedback will be coming in the next week or two.

Since you asked, I’ll let you know what they think, even if one or both determine that it’s all a bunch of bananas.

Thanks,
      Dale Larner

Comment

• Excellent!

Thanks very much Dale

By the way, Debra Arif has recently posted that an online archive of over 400 Ripper related letters has been made available

Most are letters from the public with suggestions on how to catch the Ripper but there are a number of letters supposedly from JtR you may be interested in

Regards

Nemo

Comment

• Hello Nemo,
          would you be so kind to post a link to such archive? I'd really love to check it out!

Thanks, and best regards,
          W
          Whoooops... I did it again.

Comment

• Hi Wade

Here's a link to the thread...

Unfortunately, it's not just an easy link

You need to gain access to a library who has paid for the collection in the UK (viewable online with a password)

Within the thread, Deb and Ashling have explained how to gain access

Most of the letters are from concerned citizens, but there are some Ripper letters

Regards

Nemo

Comment

• Thank you very much for the link and your kindness, Nemo!
              Best regards,
              W
              Whoooops... I did it again.

Comment

• That is a nice 'promo', but as evidenced by your thoughts and opinions the distance alone can not be traversed as you so boldly make light that it was, on numerous occasion, and yet to mention that you have taken the psychopathy of JtR to a new level with inclusion of a thief characteristic as well as a traveling killer in a serial fashion. If JtR was a out of local killer, then it would only be evidenced by there being a wide range of such atrocities in other areas during the "lull" period in England. Any such evidence? and a reply of you'll have to read the book is much wasted upon me as I do not read fictional books that are called non-fiction.
                It is not in the heart that hate begins but in the mind of those that seek the revenge of creation. Darrel Derek Stieben

Comment

• No problem Wade

Hope it's of some use or interest

Comment

• Originally posted by towboydds View Post
                    That is a nice 'promo', but as evidenced by your thoughts and opinions the distance alone can not be traversed as you so boldly make light that it was, on numerous occasion, and yet to mention that you have taken the psychopathy of JtR to a new level with inclusion of a thief characteristic as well as a traveling killer in a serial fashion. If JtR was a out of local killer, then it would only be evidenced by there being a wide range of such atrocities in other areas during the "lull" period in England. Any such evidence? and a reply of you'll have to read the book is much wasted upon me as I do not read fictional books that are called non-fiction.
                    In regards to the distance being traversed, as I’ve noted before, according to Bradshaw’s Continental Railway Guide of March 1888, using the express mail train routes, it was possible to complete the trip from London to Arles in as little as 24 hrs. As for making the trip on numerous occasions, Van Gogh’s own words and letters help provide the evidence and timing of his various trips.

Why would a wide range of other atrocities in other areas be a requirement for Jack the Ripper not being a local killer? Providing evidence for other murders in other cities simply isn’t necessary to prove Van Gogh killed in London.

A man might like to drive into another city to have tamales at a Mexican food restaurant when there are Mexican food restaurants in his own city, and do so because he loves those tamales and thinks the restaurants near him don’t offer up good tamales. It might also be that he goes for the other tamales because he kills prostitutes when he’s in that other city, believing that killing near his home isn’t so smart, since it might get him caught. Comprende?

Thanks,
                    Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                      lovely stuff Dale.

While we're at it Dale, could you suggest a more satisfying version of the phrase "pot calling the kettle back"?

"Jack Humbertson" aka William Wilson aka Jack Anderson Wilson
                      You, as well as others, have made it clear many times before that you would like some real evidence. Although I believe that what I have provided is actually very good evidence, I’m pulling a piece of my research from the book and providing something you might take as being more tangible, but we’ll see, right?

It’s in the area of handwriting matches. As I’ve noted before, I believe Van Gogh wrote most of the Ripper letters and that the hoax letter writers were few—Vincent’s obsessive nature being on display in this area and causing him to write his nefarious creations continuously and often, at least when he was able to.

What you’ll see is a comparison of the lettering from one Van Gogh letter to the lettering from one Ripper letter. I’ve placed this for viewing under “The Matches” section of the website.

http://vincentaliasjack.com/wordpress/?page_id=160

As you’ll see, the handwriting characteristics from the two letters are the same. Vincent van Gogh wrote both of the letters, which draws up the obvious conclusion that Van Gogh wrote that specific Ripper letter. With all the other evidence provided in the book, the trail continues from there, and so do the conclusions—Van Gogh wrote many Ripper letters, and he killed many women, and he did so because he was Jack the Ripper.

Thanks,
                      Dale Larner

Comment

• Uh Oh, Dale; I'm not sure that was such a good idea.

I doubt it will further your case.

But let's say for the sake of argument that you are right, and VVG did write the letters. It doesn't make him the Ripper, does it? It just makes him a letter-writer.

A bit naughty of him, yes, but hardly a capital offence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
                          Uh Oh, Dale; I'm not sure that was such a good idea.

I doubt it will further your case.

But let's say for the sake of argument that you are right, and VVG did write the letters. It doesn't make him the Ripper, does it? It just makes him a letter-writer.

A bit naughty of him, yes, but hardly a capital offence.
                          A bit naughty indeed.

To at least accept for the sake of argument that Van Gogh wrote Ripper letters, is for me a big step forward. Add the other pieces of evidence presented to the handwriting evidence, and a person just might begin to postulate, for the sake of argument, that Van Gogh was also actually Jack the Ripper.

There’s no telling how far this could go. Some day, the “for the sake of argument” could even disappear, leaving only that Van Gogh wrote Ripper letters and that Van Gogh committed the Jack the Ripper murders.

I look forward to that day.

Thanks,
                          Dale Larner

Comment

• I'll probably regret asking this but...

On the website you refer to the string of letters arriving on a variety of dates, excepting a gap for VVGs sojourn in Hospital...where were these letters posted please? I'd love to see the covers...

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              On the website you refer to the string of letters arriving on a variety of dates, excepting a gap for VVGs sojourn in Hospital...where were these letters posted please? I'd love to see the covers...

Dave
                              I'm not sure what you're specifically asking for, but you can find the text and listing of the dates and locations of the Ripper letters in Stewart Evans' book Letters From Hell.

If you'll be more specific, perhaps I can answer the question.

Thanks,
                              Dale Larner

Comment

• But where were they actually posted please Dale (just the Country will do)...you did check didn't you?

Only, wouldn't the police have noticed and logged all these letters and cards from Arles with French stamps, French postmarks and cross-channel backstamps? Mightn't it have been a bit of a clue?

Or mayhap you're suggesting VVG was in England virtually full time...in which case how did he post all those letters to Theo from Arles?

Interesting eh?

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X