"Forbidden History" episode mentioning JtR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Forbidden History" episode mentioning JtR

Today I saw part of an episode of a TV documentary series, "Forbidden History", which was looking at the mysteries and conspiracy theories surrounding the Illuminati (and, apparently, the Freemasons).

An investigator in London spoke to a journalist named David Hambling who believes that Hawksmoor's churches form a pentacle, meaning they create a "sacred space" that was intended to allow the Illuminati / Freemasons to control London.

Naturally, as one church is in Spitalfields, Jack the Ripper was brought up, his victims referred to as "part of a ritual", and eventually Robert D'onston Stephens was mentioned as a Ripper suspect who was interested in the occult. Some will undoubtedly be disappointed to know the dramatized scenes showed a well-dressed man carefully wiping the blood off from a number of knives laid in a case.

This series mostly lets the people with strange theories talk, and does seem to also present more sensible people offering opposing viewpoints, so it tries to be balanced.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

The black magic theory concerning the murders isnt that far fetched
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

That oil' Black Magic?

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      The black magic theory concerning the murders isnt that far fetched
      I don't know if I think a cabal of Freemasons were involved, but it is historically known that some occult groups had been active in England since the days of the Hellfire Club, a hundred years earlier (though I tend to think they were a drinking society more than anything else).

It does occur to me that while the Whitechapel murders make little sense as ordinary murders, they might from the viewpoint of ritual sacrifices.

Pinkmoon, why do you think it's not so far out as most Ripperologists say?
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Working...
      X