Rosetta Walls and her family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosetta Walls and her family

I'm not sure how I got this idea in my head, but I feel fairly sure that I read somewhere that Rosetta Walls (nee Vidler) had been married to a man who left her to go to Canada. Has anyone else seen this somewhere? I'd like to find the source for it. I'm quite interested in learning more about Rosetta and the Vidler family who lived next door to Polly and who eventually remarried William Nichols after Polly's death.

I've checked records and it seems that Rosetta's married name has been written Wolls and Wools as well as Walls. Also, when Polly and William's last child was finally baptized (at the same time as Rosetta and William's first child, I might add) Rosetta was acknowledged as the mother of both of the children. Talk about rubbing salt into a wound.

According to Ancestry she died on 19th January 1921 in Camberwell of heart disease, but I'm guessing you probably knew that already?
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Henry Cox the detective married a Martha Sally Vidler
      She was born 1866 but Rosetta is not her sister, I will check it out if she is related....

Pat....

Comment

Rosettas family

No, Checked out above but dont think are related, however both familys originated from Hampshire but not the same village at all....
        Tried to find her first husband (married 1874) Thomas Walls, but they didnt appear to stay together and he was not with her in 1881 census.
        He does not appear to have died as far as I can see....

Pat...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          No, Checked out above but dont think are related, however both familys originated from Hampshire but not the same village at all....
          Tried to find her first husband (married 1874) Thomas Walls, but they didnt appear to stay together and he was not with her in 1881 census.
          He does not appear to have died as far as I can see....

Pat...
          Thomas may have left England, if there are no vital records indicating his death. Sounds to me they split up, and he possibly lit out for parts unknown.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Working...
          X