No announcement yet.

Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Mary Kelly....not alone for too long!!!!!!

Marialand is like Disneyland.....full of fantasy...... Look Maria,they shouldn't need to be vindicated,nothing should bother them.I wouldn't care what anyone said about me if it was my daughter, I'd be too focussed on finding her...well said Mike,like you I'd have torn Portugal apart aswell...put out deckchairs,anything to earn money to stay,these are doctors,professional people for god's sake,not dimwits...well,......... professional people-they should be able to do plenty of jobs if they really wanted to.Bob is also correct...the press have only paid up to stop a libel case...hold on....I thought the McCanns had no money?...Limehouse, they were treated very fairly in general by the British television and press, who under the circumstances,when it was clear that the Portuguese locals were sensing something didn't quite add up,remained on the McCanns side..and continued to report in their favour.I think it is most unwise of the McCanns to have made an enemy of the press.....if events turn again,they will suffer the consequences.

Comment

Maria, perhaps the Portuguese police are cleverer than you give them credit for.....give the McCanns enough rope and let them return to England...maybe they don't have to do too much....except sit and wait......we shall see....one way or the other.......

Comment

Anna:

The Mc Cann´s won substancial damages for 110 untruthful articles. These newspapers have APOLOGIZED to the Mc Cann´s for printing outlandish make-believe Disneyland stories. The judge discribed them as BASELESS.

Now they have been vindicated.

Since the main Portuguese investigator was dismissed for incompetence,
        I wouldn´t describe them as " cleverer ". He was incompetent. Haven´t you read that ?

-Maria
        Last edited by Maria; 03-20-2008, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Maria, Incompetance would have had to do with the facts of the case, I am talking about their perceptiveness,which at the time was spot on,the McCanns did run back to the UK,as expected.

Comment

Anna:

I wonder how long would you survive in a foreign country without any money ?

-Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
              Mike:

They are not detectives, the Portuguese police should have done that.

Why do you condone the mother and the uncle of Shannon step-father´s uncle ?

Double standards ?

-Maria
              Because Shannon's step-father's uncle was found with Shannon in his house, you don't get more guilty than that, are you saying he was innocent now?

Have a Nice Easter Maria, but watch out for the Easter Bunny!!!!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Hello you all!

One American media-critic once stated:

"When we see a documentary on tv, we think, we see the truth. When, in fact, all we see, is, what the cameraman wants us to see!"

It's, unfortunately, the same thing with the McCanns!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Tonight on Channel 4 in Britain at 9pm is a Cutting Edge documentary called 'Shannon Matthews: The Family's Story'.

Apparently it covers the five days before Shannon was found.
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                    Tonight on Channel 4 in Britain at 9pm is a Cutting Edge documentary called 'Shannon Matthews: The Family's Story'.

Apparently it covers the five days before Shannon was found.
                    I watched the first 15 minutes but was called away on family business, her poor mother was a bit of an emotional wreck, but I guess in that situation I would have been too.

It was intresting to hear the family discuss their case, in relation to the Mccann case, regarding Media coverage, and financial aid.

All in all quite intresting, but I only managed 15 minutes.
                    Regards Mike

Comment

I watched most of the programme about Shannon's family last night and I was quite impressed by the attempt to portray them fairly.

What shone through was the community spirit and, although Shannon's family did not have a lot of resources to draw on, there were plenty of willing hands to help them and people with very little were also willing to put their hands in their pockets and cough up to support a publicity campaign. In that respect, the reaction was very close to that of the McCanns - willing people doing what they can.

I was disappointed to hear the McCanns being compared unfavourably in the programme. After all, both families have received criticism in the press for their lifestyles, different though they are. Both families had a little girl missing and both families did what they could, within their power, to find the child, so it's not helpful at all to compare the differences in their wealth as it had nothing to do with their child going missing.

Comment

Having spent a year in the area, I know how well these people work together in the face of adversity.

The estate is full of families surviving on the bread line but never losing hope nor passion. I had the pleasure of MC-ing at several house parties in the area and was always treated well.

Nights in the pub were like family get togethers and after hour parties were the norm.

I only left the area because I split with my partner and decided to return home to find a job closer to my family and friends.

I fear every child "Disappearance" will draw comparisons to the Mccann's case, wether for good or bad.
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                          I watched most of the programme about Shannon's family last night and I was quite impressed by the attempt to portray them fairly.

What shone through was the community spirit and, although Shannon's family did not have a lot of resources to draw on, there were plenty of willing hands to help them and people with very little were also willing to put their hands in their pockets and cough up to support a publicity campaign. In that respect, the reaction was very close to that of the McCanns - willing people doing what they can.

I was disappointed to hear the McCanns being compared unfavourably in the programme. After all, both families have received criticism in the press for their lifestyles, different though they are. Both families had a little girl missing and both families did what they could, within their power, to find the child, so it's not helpful at all to compare the differences in their wealth as it had nothing to do with their child going missing.
                          Limehouse:

I share your sentiments. I felt very happy when the little girl was found and I praise the British police for following all the leads ( instead of ignoring them ) which led to this terrific happy outcome.

I can just picture the scene when the police kicked their way in and looked inside a drawer of a divan bed where she had been hiding. It seemed so incredible to have found her alive after 3 weeks missing. It was also wonderful news to see the community´s efforts paying off after the publicity campaign, a tactic learnt from the Mc Cann´s publicity campaign for which they were so maligned.

-Maria
                          Last edited by Maria; 03-21-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Hi folks,

At the top of every post in the right corner is a red-rimmed triangle with an exclamation mark on it. This is the report post feature. If there is a problem post, you need to report it by using that feature. Posting something in the middle of a thread is not sufficient to call Admin attention to it.

Comment

It appears that Shannon's Mother has been arrested on the charge of,
                              Perverting the course of justice.
                              Sky News claim

"Sky correspondent Mike McCarthy said it has also emerged that the nine-year-old's disappearance may centre on a plot inspired by the Madeleine McCann case to secure money from the public and media."

Read the full story here,
                              Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

BBC News
                              BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Hi all-

Interesting news today....

.... Hmmmmmmmm I don't want to get involved here and am resisting saying that I felt something was 'wrong' here from the start....

..I still maintain that there is something 'wrong' re the McCann case and am watching the news avidly for the updates on the new interviews of 'The Seven' with Portuguese detectives in attendance.

I just cannot feel comfortable with either case here...... and I see we're going to have to wait until November before the Matthews case bubbles to the surface too.

Suzi
                                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                                X