Pinchin Street Victim Identity.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

Just thought I'd add a little thing I found from "The Penny Illustrated Paper and Illustrated Times" dated 5.Oct 1889 pg. 294; Issue 1479. Just a small one paragrpah comment that caught my eye...

"The authorities at Scotland Yard have satisfied themselves, after careful inquiry, that the body recently found in Pinchin Street, Whitechapel, could not possibly be that of Emily Barker, late of Northampton."

This supports The Morning Advertiser, October 1st that was found and mentioned in Nick Connell and Stewart Evans' book The Man Who Hunted Jack the Ripper as Stewart himself mentioned in post 7 of this thread.

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

This coming Wednesday is the 125th anniversary of the finding of the Pinchin Street victim.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

In Israel Schwartz witness account he says the man chased him to the railway arch (at Pinchin street?). It seems like a coincidence that he was chased near the spot where the torso was. And if lipski was written on the wall near the torso. Could the men shouting lipski meant the two men were threatening to frame schwartz?

from the star: The man who came at him with a knife he also describes, but not in detail. He says he was taller than the other, but not so stout, and that his moustaches were red. Both men seem to belong to the same grade of society. The police have arrested one man answering the description the Hungarian furnishes. This prisoner has not been charged, but is held for inquiries to be made. The truth of the man's statement is not wholly accepted.

the lipski murder looks to me like it was done by schmuss & Rosenbloom and lipski framed for it. is there possible way that scmuss or rosenbloom could have been the men schwartz saw?

was someone arrested or is this an embellishment of the star?

Comment

Working...
        X