Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Official" Recognition

Hello All,
    Its nice to be back. I get caught up in my research of Catherine Eddowes. I have a question to pose.

If Sir Charles Warren were to walk up to the average "Joe" on the streets of Whitechapel, would they have immediately recognized him?

The Truth is Out There....

Thanks, Sluggo

monacle

Hello Sluggo. Interesting question. If one read the papers and if he were wearing his trademark monacle, I don't see how he could fail to be recognised.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Sluggo. Interesting question. If one read the papers and if he were wearing his trademark monacle, I don't see how he could fail to be recognised.

Cheers.
      LC
      Thank you for your reply LC.
      Would James Blenkinsop have known him?

Sluggo.

Comment

Blenkinsop

Hello Sluggo. Thanks.

Difficult to say. But if a couple had tried to pass through St. James, he would likely have known that.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Hi
          I have always thought Blenkinsop was a interesting character, he gives credence to the accomplice theory, also the possibility that the man who approached him was a policeman in plain clothes. and that could suggest that Eddowe's was followed with/without her knowledge.
          I ask the question '' Did a on duty, or off duty police officer, make a terrible mistake , and lost either a solo Eddowes,or indeed her with her soon to be killer''?
          Regards Richard.

Comment

G'Day Richard

I ask the question '' Did a on duty, or off duty police officer, make a terrible mistake , and lost either a solo Eddowes,or indeed her with her soon to be killer''?
            It s a scenario that can not be ruled out. It's not something the police would be likely to announce either is it?
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              G'Day Richard

It s a scenario that can not be ruled out. It's not something the police would be likely to announce either is it?
              I wouldn't say he (the cop) was off duty per say. The reason I asked if James B would have recognized Sir Charles Warren, say without his monocle, and wearing clothes that made him blend...???, and not an accomplise either.

I am brewing a theory... There are too many holes, not enough witnesses called to Inquests. That is all I am going to say...

Sluggo.

Comment

Working...
              X