Guillotine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillotine

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The man guillotined at the end was Eugène Weidmann (multiple murderer).
    It was the last public execution in France.

I remember watching the footage years ago.
    It's very interesting, yes?
    "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Indeed - imo.
      A history of the guillotine would start in 1792 and end in 1981.
      Originally, it meant progress, equality, humanity, etc, while when abolished, it had already become a barbaric symbol.
      The last public execution is certainly a turning-point in the process.
      For the sake of discussion, let me add that its implications have been well-spotted by Camus, who, in his essay about (and against) death-penalty, declares that it has to be executed in public, or abolished.
      No third choice.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        Indeed - imo.
        A history of the guillotine would start in 1792 and end in 1981.
        Originally, it meant progress, equality, humanity, etc, while when abolished, it had already become a barbaric symbol.
        The last public execution is certainly a turning-point in the process.
        For the sake of discussion, let me add that its implications have been well-spotted by Camus, who, in his essay about (and against) death-penalty, declares that it has to be executed in public, or abolished.
        No third choice.

Amitiés,
        David
        I'm going to have to check out Camus's essay, then. It sounds quite intriguing.

This reminds me- I should probably remake my guillotine video soon. (Possibly this summer.) It was just a short montage video stating a few facts about the device, that I made a long time ago. But it was blasted by some for a few historical inaccuracies and there were arguements about its morality. So I want to correct my mistakes and address the controversy.
        "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Originally posted by Madam Red View Post
          I'm going to have to check out Camus's essay, then. It sounds quite intriguing.

This reminds me- I should probably remake my guillotine video soon. (Possibly this summer.) It was just a short montage video stating a few facts about the device, that I made a long time ago. But it was blasted by some for a few historical inaccuracies and there were arguements about its morality. So I want to correct my mistakes and address the controversy.
          And when I say arguements about morality, I mean that the viewers were argueing over if the guillotine was humane or not.

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Working...
          X