X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fess Parker

RIP Daniel Boone.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

didn't he die 7 years ago?.. maybe I'm wrong.... either way.. RIP indeed, we still miss him

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      didn't he die 7 years ago?.. maybe I'm wrong.... either way.. RIP indeed, we still miss him

Steadmund Brand
      Parker did die a number of years back.

Also, while he was television's "Daniel Boone" for a number of years, he was originally "the King of the Wild Frontier" in the 1950s, Walt Disney's "Davy Crockett".

Comment

And owner of Wineries and Vineyards in California....pretty successful as well

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Strange they announced on radio here he had died.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Strange they announced on radio here he had died.
            Maybe there was some screwed up backlog on the radio news front? Or they were lacking other major events of today....

Oh yes, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is also still dead....

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
              Maybe there was some screwed up backlog on the radio news front? Or they were lacking other major events of today....

Oh yes, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is also still dead....
              They must have hit the wrong button.
              G U T

Comment

Come on.. you know it's cause you Aussies are a few years behind us Yanks hahahah

Actually, it was the anniversary of his death, maybe that's why....plus there is a rumor of a remake (why oh why do they need to remake everything, and always screw it up!!!)

Steadmund Brand

Comment

He was a cool dude.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I always liked him. Several "retro" TV channels (aimed at the Baby Boomers) still run "Daniel Boone" episodes, so I've seen a few of them again. He embodied the image of the early American frontiersman well, I think.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                      Come on.. you know it's cause you Aussies are a few years behind us Yanks hahahah

Actually, it was the anniversary of his death, maybe that's why....plus there is a rumor of a remake (why oh why do they need to remake everything, and always screw it up!!!)

Steadmund Brand
                      Ahhh the aniversary, may have been the answer.

Yep no new ideas, remakes of old TV shows asmovies) Mrs Gut and I were talking just yesterday about the handful they haven't done yet.
                      Last edited by GUT; 03-21-2017, 01:26 PM.
                      G U T

Comment

Working...
                      X