X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliments.

I did move to San Diego.

We'll be recording an episode this coming Sunday.

Stay Tuned,

JM

Comment

Hello all, new to the site and the details of the Whitechapel Murders, so dont expect many contributions from me as most of my time will be spent reading and diving head first into this fascinating case.

Would just like to say a massive thank you to Jonathan and the rest of the guys involved with these wonderful podcasts. Discovered last week, I have already spent many hours downloading and listening to as many episodes as possible. Although Im completely new to the whitechapel murders and the details of what we know as Jack the Ripper, alot of what is being discussed went over the top of my head, but still had me gripped and with more reading Im getting there.

Always been interested in the JTR case, the murders and the unsolved mystery but as a kid then teenager thats where it stopped. I never gave any more thought or looked into the case and was happy with the thought of some victorian guy with nice hat and coat ripping his way through the east end never to be caught but after seeing one of your podcasts on itunes last week when looking for something to listen to history based in bed, its changed my interest and has became a great find.

Apologies for going on a bit but once again a thank you for the podcasts!

Comment

Problem downloading six of the episodes

Hi Jonathan

Firstly, a huge thank you for organising these rich insights into the theories and opinions of the most knowledgeable writers and researchers. I came to the podcasts somewhat late but am enjoying them immensely. The contributers' professional and tolerant tones have become compulsive listening for me.

I have been downloading and saving the podcast archives to my laptop so I can sync them with my ipod and this works well. However I've hit a small snag regarding just 6 of the episodes. I right click the link on the relevant episodes and choose the save option. The download starts but always stops abruptly at about 18%. Even if I just stream the episode straight from the Casebook site the affected episodes stop playing at precisely the same point. I have tried 3 different computers and 2 different operating systems as well as trying the download from Casebook as well as iTunes - the result is the same - the 6 episodes in question stop playing a little way in, at the same point.

The episodes are:

The Song and Dance Man Frogg Moody
        Pupils of the Abyss with Prof LaVaughn Towell
        The Case in Progress with Chris Scott
        Jack in the Docks
        Still Warm: The Murder of Mary Ann Nichols

All other episodes download and play perfectly from start to finish. I wonder if you can point me to an alternative download site for the above episodes or perhaps even send me copies of these 6 mp3 files, if it's not too much trouble. Sorry to trouble you as I am sure you have a busy life outside ripperology but it would be a shame, even a crime, to miss out on these 6! I have been rationing the others as I am not looking forward to the day I finish the final one in the archive! What will I do?!

Sorry if my query has been raised before. I checked and couldn't find any reference to it.

best wishes
        Paul B

Comment

I downloaded the Prof Towell episode just fine via iTunes, so I assume I can get the rest as well. If you are still experiencing problems, email me at rippercast@gmail.com and I'll send you your missing episodes via attachments.

Thanks for the kind words about the show. More are in the works, I've been having computer OS problems lately (a complete and total crash. loss of recording and editing software) so as soon as I can I'll be up and running. We may see a slight format change, though.

Stay Tuned,

JM

Comment

Still no success

Thanks for the quick reply Jonathan. Bad luck about youe serious computer problem, they tell us its all only "ones and zeros," right!

I tried again to download the 5 episodes I am missing with no luck. Out of interest, did you try to play the Towell one you tested? Using iTunes the download bar closes and the files dutifully appear in the appropriate Windows folder but when I try to play them these five episodes stop abruptly midway through.

I'll send you an email as suggested Jonathan.

I'm excited to hear there are more episodes in the works and a revised format sounds intriguing!

Regards, Paul

PS: I dropped you a line on the Gmail address a few days ago but maybe it was lost in your computer problems.

Comment

Hi Jonathan. I'd like to take you up on your kind offer to email my half dozen missing epsiodes as attachments. The episodes in questions are:

One on One with Stan Russo
              The Song and Dance Man Frogg Moody
              Pupils of the Abyss with Prof LaVaughn Towell
              The Case in Progress with Chris Scott
              Jack in the Docks
              Still Warm: The Murder of Mary Ann Nichols

My email addres is paulbarton@dibdenpurlieu.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks for your time and trouble and for this superb series

Paul

PS: A bit more investigation into these failed downloads reveals quite a lot of similar chatter about podcasts on Apple related forums. The failure is associated with iTunes error code 3259 and occurrs commonly but there's no obvious solution. Weird.

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

I am new to the boards and came across your podcasts. I would like to thank you and all involved on some great work.

1 question tho, has the location of them changed? I have subscribed via Itunes but it has only given me podcasts upto the one on one with Simon Wood in april.

Have there been others or have they stopped?

Thanks Again

Sarah

Comment

It looks as though you're up to date, Sarah. Click here:-

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Rippercast will be recording the first of a series of new shows tomorrow (Sunday 27 March). Special guest: Trevor Bond. We'll be catching up by discussing recent Ripper related media, conferences, discoveries and theories. Expect the usual panel of experts joining in.

By tomorrow evening USA time, you should be able to access the show via the Ripper Podcast link on the Casebook menu bar, or in the iTunes music store, searchword- Rippercast.

Please tune in.

JM

Comment

Yay! Welcome back.
                      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Very excited about the new podcast.. been looking foward for a long time, and sounds like it'll be a good one.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say welcome back!!
                        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I cant see the new episode on itunes yet. Any news?
                          There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Any update? I've been checking multiple times a day for the last two weeks. I need to get a new hobby.

Comment

Do I see a Shawl podcast in our future

Steadmund Brand
                              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Yes, there will be a show about the Edwards book. Probably not until Sept 21st, but it's on the way.

Stay tuned,

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X