This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast Download and Contact info.

Rippercast is available to download via FREE subscription at our website www.rippernet.com or through the iTunes Music Store's Podcast section, search term: Jack the Ripper (or Rippercast).

You can contact the host, co-hosts or guests for questions, comments, suggestions and technical assistance by emailing rippernet@mac.com

Thanks for listening!

The Crew of Rippercast

Updated Information

Ignore the first part of the above...

Rippercast is available to right-click download, stream or download via FREE subscription at this website www.casebook.org/podcast in the Ripper Podcast section to your left, or through the iTunes Music Store's Podcast section, search term: Jack the Ripper (or Rippercast).

Subscribing to the show will cause the podcast to be automatically downloaded to your iTunes application, or the podcast grabbing application of your choice (like Juice ) as soon as the new episodes are released.

You can contact the host, co-hosts or guests for questions, comments, suggestions and technical assistance by emailing rippernet@mac.com

Thanks for listening!

The Crew of Rippercast

Comment

Any news on future podcast subjects, Jon?

Comment

Hi John,

Trevor Marriott is scheduled to appear this Sunday (14 December), and that will likely be our last show of 2008.

Topics mentioned, but not solidly planned, for the month of January, include (to name a few)

Klosowski suspect show

Non-C5 victim show

Coles victim show

Eliminating the innocent suspects

and I'm looking at doing a Maybrick Diary show here in the near future, but that one will take some planning.

Any suggestions you may have, or if you'd like to participate in any that I have listed above, let me know.

Thanks

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          Hi John,

and I'm looking at doing a Maybrick Diary show here in the near future, but that one will take some planning.

Any suggestions you may have, or if you'd like to participate in any that I have listed above, let me know.

Thanks

JM

How about John Omlor V Caz = You supply the riffles and enough bullets and thats a two hour show

Comment

You'll have to drag me out from behind the sofa first.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

More episodes, please! Love the show - very informative and interesting! Keep up the good work!
              Best,

LV

Comment

We are recording the obligatory 'Year in Review' show tomorrow, and have several shows planned for January.

So, Rippercast isn't going anywhere...

Thanks for listening!

and stay tuned,

JM

Comment

would there be a way to do a show that somehow touches on all the letters sent to the police? Like the likelihood of the Dear Boss, From Hell, and Saucy Jack Postcard, etc being sent by the killer. I'd like to hear your round table talk about:

1) Which letters hold more weight than others
                  2) Which letters may have been written by the killer
                  3) The sheer volume of letters sent
                  4) The grammar of the letters and whether it was an educated mis-spelling on purpose or uneducated man fumbling with words.
                  5) Patricia Cornwells claim about Sickert writing one of the letters
                  6) Police opinions on letters

I find the letters very interesting and think it would be entertaining to hear you and the crews opinions on the letters.

If that doesn't work maybe you can do a show on who would win in a fight Jack the Ripper or Jackie Chan... I have to go with the latter
                  Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Comment

Hi Ryan,

For now, at least, see the episode 'A Practical Joker: The Letters of Jack the Ripper' with Ally Ryder, Chris Scott, Mike Covell and Gareth Williams.

JM

Comment

Only found the rippercasts a couple of days ago...absolutely fascinating, ive downloaded most of them The good thing about them is, you do not really have to listen in any particular order, although i did have to look up a bit of the basic history of the murders, and can see why there is such a miasma of didputed fact, suspects, letters, eye witness testimony....its like trying to nail fog to a wall.
                      I tend to listen to the downloads at night in bed (its the only time i seem to be able to find time), this can lead to one falling asleep and waking up in the mistaken belief that Tumblety drown Druitt in the Thames after cutting off his arms and legs and hiding them in Kominsky's leather apron.....so i have to hit the rewind button at 3am and start again!
                      But please keep them coming and i'll try and keep pace
                      It always makes for an interesting listen when even the experts in the field seem to disagree on the vital points, it also shows what an enthralling enigma that Autumn in 1888 in Londons East End was....... and still is

Comment

Guys,

I have just spent the majority of this week listening to these podcasts.

I must say Ive enjoyed everyone. Many thanks to Jon for all his work, and all who have contributed.

No fancy thrills, as you tend to get with documentaries, just straightforward plain discussion. As valuble as any work often bought up as 'must reads'.

I look forward to more.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Agreed! I listen and re-listen to these podcasts - cheers to all involved in their production!
                          Best,

LV

Comment

Thanks for this site and the GREAT podcasts

Hi all,
                            I am new here and wanted to thank whomever was responsible for this excellent site and most immediately these amazing broadcasts. I have been devouring them ever since I found them, and it's all so fascinating.
                            Many thanks again for such a great service..
                            (BTW, I am a veteran newbie of the Zodiac Killer board but this interests me much more at the moment. My screen name, which always seems to trigger questions, is actually that of an early patron of an American photographer Walker Evans, an interest of mine since I am a curator of photographs in NYC. Just liked the name and copped it!)
                            Doug Eklund
                            Brooklyn, NY

Comment

I second that. The Podcasts are GREAT. Jonathan does a great job as well as the regulars: Chris Scott, Howard Brown, Mike Covell, Robert Mclaughlin, John Bennett, Ally Rider, Gareth Williams and several others. Everyone is very professional, has a great sense of humor and keeps the discussion at a personable level (no personal attacks etc...). Just great discussion!

Am I the only one that noticed but did Jonathan move west from Topeka to San Diego accross the continent late last year?
                              Welcome to Casebook, welcome to the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X