Ripper Confidential: One on one with Tom Wescott- Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I hope he does something with the Goulston Street bit.
    I'll release it either added to part 2 or as Tom said, a "part 3". I took it out only because Bucks Row tied up neatly at exactly one hour long and going on to the GSG seemed somewhat out of place. Otherwise it's good to go.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
      That's interesting, Tom. I'm not an author, but I would have thought that talking to a "Ripperologist" would create a little more pressure for the guest than being interviewed by someone who only knows about the Ripper basics, or less. Then again, I know I'm thought of as going 'too easy' on my author-guests so possibly my reputation precedes me and that helps put guests at ease.

JM
      I can only speak for myself and not your other guests, but not having to stop my train of thought to explain the case basics to you, such as who Polly Nichols is, etc., allows for a flow of thought and discussion not usually possible. Also, radio shows have strict formats and commercial breaks etc that a speaker has to keep in mind. Talking Ripper with Ripperologists is always much easier. It never occurs to me to feel pressure and I'm not generally intimidated (at least not by men), so there's that. But if you had me on with say Stewart Evans and Paul Begg, my arse would be quiet, just sitting there taking notes.

And it's probably good that you 'take it easy' on me, because with my mouth we'd probably both end up getting sued.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Rippercast: The Whitechapel Murders Podcast
        Ripper Confidential Part One- Bonus Topic: The Goulston Street Graffito
        July 13th, 2017
        Duration: 00:14:56

By special request from our Facebook group.

We bring to you a short segment edited out of our last interview with Tom Wescott in which he discusses his opinion on the Goulston Street Graffito.

Tom Wescott is the author of the books 'The Bank Holiday Murders' and 'Ripper Confidential'.

Listen by streaming or download now at the following link:

Also in iTunes, Podbean, and all of your favorite podcast apps.

Thanks for listening!

JM

Comment

Thank you Jonathan, and Thank you Tom!!

fascinating conversation, I must admit the Goulston Street Graffito has always been more of a " and then there is this little interesting tid bit" as far as I was concerned...but you gave me a few things to think about... Damn you guys, as if I don't have enough to think about haha!!

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X