Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Wescott- Ripper Confidential #2- Call for Questions

Hi all,

Rippercast will be welcoming Tom Wescott back to the show next weekend, 26/27 August and since his recent presentation at the East End Conference was without a Question and Answer portion (being that Tom appeared by video recording) I will pose any and all questions you might have- about either The Bank Holiday Murders, Ripper Confidential, his previous guest spots on Rippercast, or his recent East End Conference talk, directly to Tom when we record this next interview.

So, if you have any questions for Tom Wescott, send them my way via PM here on Casebook, find me on Facebook, email them to rippercastpodcast @ gmail or post them to this thread if you'd like to give Tom an opportunity to read your question and think about his answer. Otherwise I won't be giving him any questions I receive in advance.

Thanks!

JM

Tom said that Henry Smith was aware of the Police Seaside Home event with the witness-suspect confrontation, as described by Anderson and Swanson (witness presumably Lawende). I have long thought that Smith was totally aware of the whole Polish Jew-witness fiasco and believed Lawende was a non-starter -- that's why he chose to distance himself from the proceeding, at least publicly until after 1910. But am I reading too much into H.L. Adam's listing (in the forward of his book) that Henry Smith (amongst those who knew the identity of the Ripper) believed Anderson had it right after all?

Comment

Thanks Scott.

Just a couple of more days for you to play "Ask Tom Wescott".

So if you have any questions you'd like to stump him with, send them my way.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
        Thanks Scott.

Just a couple of more days for you to play "Ask Tom Wescott".

So if you have any questions you'd like to stump him with, send them my way.

JM
        I have a question -- Is he aware of any evidence which would indicate that Michael Kidney was able to supply the police with a verifiable alibi regarding his whereabouts on the night of the Stride murder?

c.d.

Comment

Another question if you don't mind -- How confident was Swanson in his belief that there might have been sufficient time for another man to come along after Schwartz's siting of the B.S. man and that that man was in fact Stride's real killer?

c.d.

Comment

OH have I got questions for Tom....but I am looking forward to this show...Tom always makes me think about things that I put out of my mind long ago....and for that I thank him... as I have done before, but I will again

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I realize I am late for submitting any questions here. However today I read with great interest the chapter on Israel Schwartz from Ripper Confidential, and I would have a question to Tom: if the pipe/overcoat man is the most likely Berner street ripper according to the timeline, how likely is it that he changed from a dark felt wide brimmed hat in Berner Street to a dark peaked cap in Mitre Square (and change height back from 5'10 to 5'7)?

Maybe this was already discussed on another thread but this is the first thread on the topic i found via the search function.

I also would like to thank Tom for his book and the very detailed analyses provided of the Buck's Row and Berner Street Mysteries. I am thoroughly enjoying the read.
              Last edited by IchabodCrane; 02-04-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X