WS1888: Gyles Brandreth & 'Jack the Ripper: Case Closed'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS1888: Gyles Brandreth & 'Jack the Ripper: Case Closed'

Rippercast is pleased to bring to you the December 2017 meeting of the Whitechapel Society 1888 with its guest speaker Gyles Brandreth.

Mr. Brandreth is a well known former politician and celebrity author as well as President of the Oscar Wilde Society. His Oscar Wilde Murder Mystery series of books are widely popular and his latest book, 'Jack the Ripper: Case Closed' draws upon unpublished papers of journalist George R. Sims for part of its material, Mr. Brandreth being a descendant of Sims. Gyles generously donated the speaking fee for his talk to the Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity.

The Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity
    Every day, around 600 children and young people from across the UK arrive at GOSH.

Thank you to Mr. Brandreth, Steve Rattey, Ruby Vitorino, Frogg Moody, Sue Parry, and all of the members of the committee of the Whitechapel Society for making the release of this presentation possible.

Available now to stream or download at the following link:

Also in iTunes, PodBean, Mixcloud, Podcast Addict, TuneIn Radio and everywhere fine FREE podcasts are found.

Thanks for listening!

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 12-03-2017, 10:18 AM.

Gyles Brandreth tweets out his appreciation for the Whitechapel Society.

I had no interest in reading his book as he was totally unfamiliar to me and I'm not a Ripper-fiction fan. After listening to his talk I've changed my mind.

JM

Comment

I think Gyles has just "cracked" America.

Surprising it has taken him this long...as British eccentrics go he's right up there.
      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
        I think Gyles has just "cracked" America.

There's a good chance a lot of Americans had known about Gyles Brandreth prior to this Jack the Ripper book. I pretty much live in my own bubble wholly ignorant of much of popular culture whether it be in the US or UK.

JM

Comment

Good old Gyles. Always liked the guy.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
          X