George or Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael.

What I alluded to earlier is a practical example of how a man out in Dorset St. could raise the alarm to someone in a room, within Millers Court.

And, who was the 'lookout' looking out for?
    Constables were supposed to patrol Dorset St., and one witness even suggested the footsteps she heard 'might' have been a Constable patrolling the Court that night.

Ok, so this killer was occupied within room 13 for, how long, an hour or two?
    How many constables had to have passed up and down Dorset St. in that time?

Then there is the opinion that no constables actually patrolled Dorset St., so what was the 'lookout', looking out for?
    But this opinion must be weighed against the witness who alluded to a constable in the court that night.
    She is hardly likely to invent the elusive constable, if constables never patrolled the court at all.

There is only one exit from that court, as I said earlier, by the time the alarm is raised any constable coming down the street is going to see someone leaving Millers Court right in front of him.
    It just doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

"Originally Posted by keffins View Post
      At 11:45 pm Mary Ann Cox,saw Kelly walking ahead of her with Blotchy.

As Cox went into her home, she heard Kelly starting to sing “A Violet from Mother’s Grave”. - She started singing immediately.

Catherine Pickett and her husband, remember hearing her singing at 12:30 am as well. Catherine remembered that she wanted to go shut Kelly up and her husband prevented her from doing so - possibly indicating rather loud singing.

If MJK had taken Blotchy for professional reasons, surely he would be bored of her singing after 2 or 3 minutes, never mind 3/4 of an hour - and would have wanted some "action".

At midnight, Cox went back out, and then came back an hour later at 1 am, the light was on in Kelly’s room and Cox could still hear her singing. This is now 1 hour and 15 minutes of potentially loud singing and probably no action for Blotchy. I just can't see him putting up with this and THEN murdering her. I feel if he was the killer, he would have snapped after 5 minutes or less.
      That part in bold is the best argument for Blotchy not having been a client. No-one pays street whores for concerts. I think Blotchy was to see Mary home, and then to report to someone else about her condition and the courtyards. he probably bought her drinks too.

The weakness for alcohol with all of these women, and hundreds others in the district, was something that could be used against them...I think Kate was bought drinks Saturday afternoon to get her to chat.

The thing though is, it does not say if Kelly was "continuously" singing the whole time.Blotchy could have used his mic for 2-4 minutes and Kelly could have resumed singing after the deed.
      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
      M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by keffins View Post
        At midnight, Cox went back out, and then came back an hour later at 1 am, the light was on in Kelly’s room and Cox could still hear her singing.
        This is now 1 hour and 15 minutes of potentially loud singing and probably no action for Blotchy.
        Was Cox correct in what she said?, if you recall Mrs Prater said there was no singing after 1:00 am, and no light from room 13 either.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by keffins View Post
          At 11:45 pm Mary Ann Cox,saw Kelly walking ahead of her with Blotchy.

As Cox went into her home, she heard Kelly starting to sing “A Violet from Mother’s Grave”. - She started singing immediately.

Catherine Pickett and her husband, remember hearing her singing at 12:30 am as well. Catherine remembered that she wanted to go shut Kelly up and her husband prevented her from doing so - possibly indicating rather loud singing.

If MJK had taken Blotchy for professional reasons, surely he would be bored of her singing after 2 or 3 minutes, never mind 3/4 of an hour - and would have wanted some "action".

At midnight, Cox went back out, and then came back an hour later at 1 am, the light was on in Kelly’s room and Cox could still hear her singing.
          This is now 1 hour and 15 minutes of potentially loud singing and probably no action for Blotchy.
          I just can't see him putting up with this and THEN murdering her. I feel if he was the killer, he would have snapped after 5 minutes or less.
          Killer or not maybe he enjoyed her singing. And how do you know he was a paying client? Maybe they were friends, or hook up, or maybe she was looking for a new sugar daddy and or boyfriend?
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
            Workable scenarios arent that hard to imagine are they? I can think of a few off the top of my head;

a) Wideawake is sent to wait and watch until all the courtyard traffic had ceased for the night. Then he would let whomever eventually kills her that the "coast was clear"
            Completely agree with that statement,however doubt Hutchinson realized he was going to be a lookout for a murder.
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

A lookout would be running up and down that passage like a yo-yo.

This was a street loaded with doss-houses. People coming and going all night long, and McCarthy's shop at the corner was open 'till three o'clock.
              Even if a constable came into the street there's no reason to think he will enter Millers Court. Theorists seem to forget, unless the killer was covered in blood, there would be nothing suspicious about him - what was there to be concerned about?
              And if he was covered in blood, a lookout isn't going to help him any.

In those days a killer could walk out of Millers court, right passed a constable, or a group of locals, and he had nothing to fear.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I can see having a lookout for a robbery perhaps but I simply cannot imagine a scenario where you say to your buddy "hey I'm going to enter this woman's room and brutally butcher her. Would you mind keeping a lookout for any coppers?" We would have to imagine another incredibly sick individual who would agree with such a plan and if he were that sick and deranged wouldn't he want to be directly involved in the killing as well? Just can't see it.

As a another poster suggested, maybe Hutchinson wasn't aware of the killers intent but that seems unlikely and what about afterwords wouldn't he have noticed the blood on the killer? And that brings up the reward money. Very, very tempting for someone of poor means living in Whitechapel.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Killer or not maybe he enjoyed her singing. And how do you know he was a paying client?
                  If I were a prostitute and a punter asked me to sing for him, I don't think I'd choose a dreary ballad about a lad reflecting on his loneliness by contemplating a flower from his mother's tomb. Equally, if I were the punter, that kind song would have had a seriously dampening effect on my ardour, especially after a few beers. I know that the Victorians were reputedly as randy as they were sentimental, but there's limits
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I can see all the witty or smart ass posters on here (depending on your point of view) coming up with possible song titles.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      If I were a prostitute and a punter asked me to sing for him, I don't think I'd choose a dreary ballad about a lad reflecting on his loneliness by contemplating a flower from his mother's tomb. Equally, if I were the punter, that kind song would have had a seriously dampening effect on my ardour, especially after a few beers. I know that the Victorians were reputedly as randy as they were sentimental, but there's limits
                      Well then that just shows that it may not have been a punter prostitute encounter. And if he was the ripper then the song makes perfect sense doesn't it ? ; )
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Well then that just shows that it may not have been a punter prostitute encounter.
                        Indeed. Unless Blotchy was a bit kinkier than we might think.
                        And if he was the ripper then the song makes perfect sense doesn't it ?
                        In a strange way, you may be right.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Hi Gareth,

Maybe that would have been your typical prostitute's aim, to seriously dampen the ardour of drunken punters after parting them from their pennies. I doubt these women did the business for their health.

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          I can see all the witty or smart ass posters on here (depending on your point of view) coming up with possible song titles.

c.d.
                          One for Jack to sing: I've got to get you onto my knife.

And one for Mary when he was all done: Don't leave me this way.

Love,

Smart ass Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

MJK : I've got you under my skin.

Comment

"Burning heart"... One for Jack perhaps?
                              "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                              Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                                Hi Gareth,

Maybe that would have been your typical prostitute's aim, to seriously dampen the ardour of drunken punters after parting them from their pennies. I doubt these women did the business for their health.
                                But she started singing the moment the door was closed, and continued for over an hour.

Not hard to think of a motive now.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X