Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Nichols really use this spot in Bucks Row for clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Nichols really use this spot in Bucks Row for clients?

Only it's at odds with most of the the other locales that prostitutes took clients in many ways; the entrance to that locked yard in Bucks Row was not secluded or down an alley or court, or even off the main thoroughfare whatsoever. In fact anybody walking in either direction along the street had a full view of that entrance and it was literally under the last in a line of residential properties (New Cottage), and parallel to the pavement.
    I wonder, were those gates to the yard normally open instead of closed at that time of night? That would make more sense as then it would resemble Dutfield Yard in Berner St. very closely, though quieter as there was no working men's club adjacent. I just can't see Nicholls choosing this as the location of a sexual act that would most likely involve her standing and bending forward, that would mean she would most likely have to grasp the gates themselves to steady herself, can you imagine how insecure that would be let alone the racket that would result?
    I wonder if anybody has done any research on Browns Stable Yard, relating to when the gates remained open and when they were locked, as they were on that fateful night.
Working...
X