No announcement yet.

Top Jack the Ripper Suspects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some say Long Liz was killed by her ex; a character by the name of Kidney, with a name like that he should have been the Ripper!

Comment

Originally posted by eighty-eighter View Post
      Some say Long Liz was killed by her ex; a character by the name of Kidney, with a name like that he should have been the Ripper!
      For God's sake keep quite someone will hear and write a book about Mr kidney and claim case closed I don't think any off us could take another case closed book.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        For God's sake keep quite someone will hear and write a book about Mr kidney and claim case closed I don't think any off us could take another case closed book.
        They could say they had "inside" info on a Kidney.....

Comment

Suspects

My list goes as follows:

James Kelly(tops my list as he killed his wife with a knife to the throat, escaped Broadmoor in Jan. 1888, then disappeared till he turned himself in 1927)

After that in no particular order:
          Bury
          Druitt
          Kosminski
          I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Sensible.
            Originally posted by DVV View Post
            He said captain.
            I said what you want

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              BS man is seen attacking stride. He's got to be suspect number 1 because it really looks like a ripper attack down played by sxhwartz
              Mrs Cox described the "blotchy faced" man seen entering Millers Court with Kelly as "a short stout man".

Surely he must be taken seriously.

Comment

Very interesting question.

I will vote for Druitt, as he was one of the first suspects I ever read about, and I hear there are new details now available on him.
                I think years ago some law enforcement experts settled on Aaron Kosminski (which is why I was a bit disappointed that the "shawl" solution supposedly linked to him, as it seemed almost expected). Still, he is a good choice for my suspect list.
                Finally, I would choose an unknown local, whose traits might be Jewish or Gentile, working man or unemployed, sane or insane-- that leaves us a lot of room for speculation.

I've seen the TV show on James Kelly being the Ripper who escaped to America, and it was interesting. My main trouble with this theory is that it is a self-confession from a fellow with a history of mental illness.

Wasn't there another TV documentary about the Ripper being an European sailor who went back and forth across the Atlantic? Whatever happened to this idea?
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                X