No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper Conference 2012 in York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having seen the subjects of the various talks, I can forsee some lively discussion. Will check down the back of the sofa to see if there's a couple of hundred quid I've lost track of.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi, I tried to contact from the main conference site, but got an error message which said,

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 554 <info@thejacktherippertour.com>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied in E:\Domains\r\ripperconference.com-1046768326\user\htdocs\wp-content\themes\DK-v1-3\dk\contact.php on line 450Thank you! We will get back to you as soon as possible

Anyway, the reason I was trying to contact was to find out whether the venues are wheelchair accessible? I live 3 hrs away from York, and while I'm extremely interested in attending the conference, dont want to travel all that distance just to find I cant get in! lol

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Hi John,

I'm not sure why you had a problem sending messages to the site. We've sent some test messages in the last 24 hours and they were successfully received.

With regards to your query, I can confirm that the hotel and venue for the conference is wheelchair accessible, and there are dedicated parking spaces outside the entrance lobby.

There may be a problem with the medieval banqueting hall where the evening function is being held. We are looking into the issue of access to the hall at the moment, so if you can bear with us, as soon as we know what the situation is, we will post the information here.

All the best
        Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew, for your speedy response, much appreciated

Comment

John,

We have heard back from the people at the banqueting hall, and unfortunately the building (due to its age) is not suitable for wheelchair access. If however, you would still like to attend the conference itself, please email Ricky Cobb directly at info@thejacktherippertour.com

All the best

Andrew

Comment

Oh well, thanks anyway for finding out. Have a good conference all.

Comment

The Delegate's Pack

Attendees will receive one of these collector's delegates packs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Delegates Pack Illustration reduced.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	663314

The contents are currently being designed and prepared, and it is likely that there will be other items in the pack in addition to those shown.

Conference places are going fast, so head over to www.ripperconference.com to book yours now!

All the best
                Andrew

Comment

Sweet, I live in York, totally booking as soon as I get paid.

Comment

Two new speakers for the 2012 Conference

The following was posted today over on jtrforums by Ricky Cobb:

Hi everyone it is my utmost delight to welcome two new speakers to the Jack the Ripper Conference in York 2012.

MARTIN FIDO & NEIL R STOREY

For more details on speakers please check out www.ripperconference.com

Thanks

Richard Cobb

Comment

[
                      Hello Andrew,

I have seen your pics. With a litte more creativity you may perhaps have some thing there.

Best wishes.

Comment

your pictures are stunning Andrew

and as everyone realises, that conference pack will be one of the main highlights of the conference.

I wish I had your talent for imagery!

Jen x
                        babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                          and as everyone realises, that conference pack will be one of the main highlights of the conference.

I wish I had your talent for imagery!

Jen x
                          Jen, thankyou! I realise that you have a much more insightful opinion of my graphics seeing as I've already shown you some sneak previews from the delegates pack and you know how much work I've put into them.

Andrew x

Comment

ah but Andrew

I am certainly not alone in my admiration for your undeniable talents.

But yes, the previews are mind-blowing!

Jen x
                            babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Any chance of seeing a preview on Saturday Andrew?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjon View Post
                                Any chance of seeing a preview on Saturday Andrew?
                                When you're as beautiful and charming as Jen, then yes, you can have a preview.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X