Illustrated Police News on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrated Police News on eBay

Hi All, just saw an Illustrated Policy News up for sale on eBay. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but pretty easy to search for. Does anyone have a view on whether it looks genuine? It is hand coloured. I know that reprints were done at some point. Still looks a bit steep in price in any event.

Cheers

Sushka

It's been up for sale a few times. I did write to the seller a while back when I first saw it and they assured me it was genuine. Who did the colouring, I they didn't know.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

Thanks drstrange! I have a copy of "Cruel Deeds and Dreadful Calamities" a book about the Illustrated Police News (which I highly recommend BTW). No reference in there to coloured versions.
      Last edited by sushka; 07-22-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

The coloured version was always out of my league, price-wise, real or fake, but it did inspire me to look for an alternative. A couple of months ago I picked up the entire set of full size '70's reprints for $14!
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

if its genuine, the print will feel raised because each letter was individually type set, modern repros are smooth and the victorian paper will be of a better quality stronger.

miss marple

Comment

Working...
          X