McKay Kidnap -Rooks Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKay Kidnap -Rooks Farm

Trying to find out more about this notorious location .The only address i could find with some great difficulty was
    Rooks Farm
    Little London, Berden, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 1BB,
    - now this is 2 miles from Stocking Pelham- the place always associated with the Farm - so is the postal address correct?
    We're standing alone inside the night
    listen the wind is calling
    to the dangerzone beyond the light
    and suddenly we are falling
    But there ain't no stopping us now
    I don't know if I'll be back tonight
    It's just a machine inside of my head
    and now all the wheels are turning
    I'll think of the words we never said
    and deep in my heart it's burning
    But there is no stopping it now
    we're gonna make it somehow
    you wait tonight
    and we're waiting for the light
    Into the fire we will run
    into the sound of distant drums
    when you're walking alone in a dream
    on a highway to nowhere
    nowhere tonight

Probably end up amswering my own question
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...earchp=ids.srf
    Zoom out to level 4
    you wait tonight
    on a highway to nowhere
    nowhere tonight

Comment

I find this case particularly frightening and interesting. i assume Rooks Farm has been renamed. The pub Arthur Hosssein drunk in was gutted by fire a couple of years back. And of course the Pelham villages had another mystery a few years ago with the murder of the elderly Colonel that was never solved...

Comment

I really wish this case was reopened and examined in every aspect. I suspect it is being shut for reasons connected with one of the players in it.

Comment

I'm not familiar with this.....Can anyone enlighten me?
          Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Writerboy View Post
            I find this case particularly frightening and interesting. i assume Rooks Farm has been renamed. The pub Arthur Hosssein drunk in was gutted by fire a couple of years back. And of course the Pelham villages had another mystery a few years ago with the murder of the elderly Colonel that was never solved...
            Afaik the name still remains

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            I really wish this case was reopened and examined in every aspect. I suspect it is being shut for reasons connected with one of the players in it.
            Yes agree on reopening .
            Interesting theory on Mr Murdoch i presume?

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
            Jordan
            Rare video here !

STREET VIEW OF 20 ARTHUR RD
            Last edited by OctavBotnar; 05-28-2010, 03:06 AM.
            you wait tonight
            on a highway to nowhere
            nowhere tonight

Comment

Regarding the Colonel's murder

there have recently been arrests in connection with this. As for re-opening the case of Muriel McKay - why?

Comment

If anyone retains an interest in this there are several press photographs of Rooks Farm - where the Hosein brothers lived (exterior and interior) currently for sale on ebay.
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
                  Jordan
                  Here you go Chainz.

Murderpedia, the free online encyclopedic dictionary of murderers. The largest database about serial killers, mass murderers and spree killers around the world

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                    there have recently been arrests in connection with this. As for re-opening the case of Muriel McKay - why?
                    Because of a last minute change in a schedule that was just too wonderful to be true for a would-be victim, but terrible for Mrs. McKay. I keep thinking it was too wonderful to be sheer chance. Knowing how Mr. Murdoch considers everyone fodder for his newspapers and media empire, the wife of a leading figure in that organization would be just as "well" treated.

Keep in mind, this is the same man who was listening in on the homes of crime victims a few years back for his "News of the World".

Mrs. Murdoch was supposed to use the limousine from the organization that day - she'd been on a regular time schedule that the Hossein Brothers kept track of. At the last moment she decides not to, and Mrs. Mckay uses it, with devastating results for her. None of this excuses the Hoseins, but one wonders if a second crime was covered up.

Comment

Jeff, Where is the info that Anna Murdoch was to used the rolls at the last minute?

I thought Alick McKay who had retired, was offered deputy chairman of News of the World becoming Chairman while Murdoch and Anna were in Australia for six weeks. While in Australia Alec and Muriel were given use of the Rolls Royce on 19th Dec,1969, the day the Murdoch's went to Australia. So how could Anna use it if she was in Australia? The Hussains tailed the car to Wimbledon thinking that was where Murdoch lived.

Miss Marple
                      Last edited by miss marple; 01-31-2017, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                        Because of a last minute change in a schedule that was just too wonderful to be true for a would-be victim, but terrible for Mrs. McKay. I keep thinking it was too wonderful to be sheer chance.
                        [...]

Mrs. Murdoch was supposed to use the limousine from the organization that day - she'd been on a regular time schedule that the Hossein Brothers kept track of. At the last moment she decides not to, and Mrs. Mckay uses it, with devastating results for her. None of this excuses the Hoseins, but one wonders if a second crime was covered up.
                        I really tend to think that Rupert Murdoch had more than sufficient resources and ruthlessness to hire some hard men to deal with potential kidnappers, and remove them permanently from the picture, rather than offer them a substitute victim and hope they'd not make more trouble in future.
                        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                          Jeff, Where is the info that Anna Murdoch was to used the rolls at the last minute?

I thought Alick McKay who had retired, was offered deputy chairman of News of the World becoming Chairman while Murdoch and Anna were in Australia for six weeks. While in Australia Alec and Muriel were given use of the Rolls Royce on 19th Dec,1969, the day the Murdoch's went to Australia. So how could Anna use it if she was in Australia? The Hussains tailed the car to Wimbledon thinking that was where Murdoch lived.

Miss Marple
                          I read the story about the curious case of the transferred use of the car in a book by Edgar Lustgarten (he did not suggest anything odd, just chancy, but I have grown up noting Mr. Murdoch's career, so I can believe him capable of anything).

I still do - sorry.

Jeff

Comment

The police really cocked up the whole ransom thing. It was not the met's finest moment. Will go into more detail tomorrow. Too tired now.

Miss Marple

Comment

Now if someone suggested Rupert arranged it to get rid of wifey, I might believe it.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X