Does anyone know about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know about this?

When I went on the JTR tour, the guide told me that there was man getting executed in a crowded public place back then, before they hanged him he said something like "you will never know that I'm Jack.." and at the moment they hanged him, he never finished his sentence... Does anyone know his name and his story?
    Last edited by JadenCollins; 09-15-2014, 06:50 AM.
    “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

That would be Dr. Thomas Neill Cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Severina View Post
      That would be Dr. Thomas Neill Cream.

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/cream.html
      thanks.

Comment

I believe that particular story is attributed to Thomas Neill Cream. It was purported that his last words before his hanging were "I am Jack the...". However, the provenance for this was from the executioner James Billington, and no one else present at the time reported any such confession.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          I believe that particular story is attributed to Thomas Neill Cream. It was purported that his last words before his hanging were "I am Jack the...". However, the provenance for this was from the executioner James Billington, and no one else present at the time reported any such confession.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
          Well, the guide was talking about it, I was barely listening to him all I remember is that. Just read about Thomas Neill Cream, those guides at the JTR tour should get their facts straight.

Comment

I am Jack...

Hi,
            If you have any questions regarding Thomas Neill Cream please let me know & I will do my best to answer.

I have just finished his biography (going to publication shortly).

Amanda

Comment

By the way..

Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
              When I went on the JTR tour, the guide told me that there was man getting executed in a crowded public place back then, before they hanged him he said something like "you will never know that I'm Jack.." and at the moment they hanged him, he never finished his sentence... Does anyone know his name and his story?
              Hi Jaden,
              May also interest you that Cream wasn't executed in a public place either. After around 1868, executions took place in a gallows within Newgate away from the public eye. The crowd were notified that the hanging had taken place by a black flag being raised shortly afterwards.
              Think your Ripper guide needs to brush up on his history

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                Hi Jaden,
                May also interest you that Cream wasn't executed in a public place either. After around 1868, executions took place in a gallows within Newgate away from the public eye. The crowd were notified that the hanging had taken place by a black flag being raised shortly afterwards.
                Think your Ripper guide needs to brush up on his history

Amanda
                Thanks for the update, I never gonna listen to a guide again.
                And actually I do have questions, lots of them, not only about Cream.

Comment

Ask away...

Thanks for the update, I never gonna listen to a guide again.
                  And actually I do have questions, lots of them, not only about Cream.
                  Hi Jaden,

I don't profess to be a Ripper expert but I pretty much know all about Cream.

What would you like to know?

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                    Hi Jaden,

I don't profess to be a Ripper expert but I pretty much know all about Cream.

What would you like to know?

Amanda
                    Well, I'm trying to put the pieces together, and I randomly had to think about what that guide told me so I was wondering if there has been an investigation? And we actually be sure that he really said that quote?

Jaden

Comment

I am Jack...

Well, I'm trying to put the pieces together, and I randomly had to think about what that guide told me so I was wondering if there has been an investigation? And we actually be sure that he really said that quote?

Jaden
                      Hi Jaden,
                      As far as I'm aware there is no way to tell what Cream may or may not have shouted from the scaffold. There was only the hangman's (Billington) word for it, nobody else heard Cream say anything.

What I can tell you is that I know exactly where Cream was in 1888, I have historical documents to prove it. Was he in Whitechapel?
                      Erm, sorry but you'll have to wait for my book to find that out.

Amanda

Comment

Working...
                      X